Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
charger356
UG's Mr. Nice Guy

"This Moment (Forever)" [Soundcloud]

Here's my second recording. It's got a bit of a Volbeat and Foo Fighters feel to it. I'm still waiting for my condenser mic to come in the mail, so I haven't had a chance to record vocals. However, I do plan on eventually throwing some vocals on top of this track. I'm a little iffy with a few things: namely the guitar tone during the solo and the chorus effect on the synth during the chorus. Take a listen and let me know what you think and/or how I can improve the song... Thanks a lot, guys!

http://soundcloud.com/danpoisson/this-moment-forever

show

Last edited by charger356 : 11-30-2012 at 11:18 PM.
charger356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
demonhellcat

First let me say I've never recorded anything so if you think my comments are off the wall or out of line don't be afraid to say so.

I like lists so...

1. The transition from rockabilly to almost metalish was pretty seamless and slick.
2. Love the punkish/metalish guitar work in the second half of the song.
3. Love the slide guitar stuff (wish it was louder).

Criticisms:
1. I felt the volume of the mixes need some attention. For instance I feel the slide guitar riff could be more pronounced in the mix, same goes for the guitar solo at the end. Either that or tone down the volume on the rhythm guitar.
2. The drums started to grate on me in certain parts of the song, seemed like just too much sometimes.

Overall it's pretty slick, some singing may take it over the tap.
demonhellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
charger356
UG's Mr. Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhellcat
First let me say I've never recorded anything so if you think my comments are off the wall or out of line don't be afraid to say so.

I like lists so...

1. The transition from rockabilly to almost metalish was pretty seamless and slick.
2. Love the punkish/metalish guitar work in the second half of the song.
3. Love the slide guitar stuff (wish it was louder).

Criticisms:
1. I felt the volume of the mixes need some attention. For instance I feel the slide guitar riff could be more pronounced in the mix, same goes for the guitar solo at the end. Either that or tone down the volume on the rhythm guitar.
2. The drums started to grate on me in certain parts of the song, seemed like just too much sometimes.

Overall it's pretty slick, some singing may take it over the tap.

Thanks for the feedback, bud! I totally understand where you're coming from with the mixing levels of the slide guitar. I had the levels turned down on that track because of two things: Honestly, I'm not 100% confident with my slide guitar playing and I didn't want the slide guitar taking over the verse sonically once I put some vocals in there.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by your criticism pertaining to the drums? Was it an issue with volume or excessiveness? All help would be greatly appreciated... Its good to hear that some people out there are taking a listen to a little bit of my work. Thanks again!

show
charger356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Mephaphil
No empty frets.

It was great!

I agree with some tweaking on the mixing. The bass was a bit loud for me at times, but it depends on what you're going for.

It reminded me of the soundtrack to King of the Hill at times, I guess it's the uptempo distorted rockabilly, still, it was good.

It all fit together very well and could definitely do with some vocals.

Good playing with lots of different techniques.

Good stuff, I'll definitely listen again.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1575555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Mephaphil is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: