Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
NoGenre

Buzzing noise.

hey everyone.
Just recently i bought my first bass (Ibanez sr600) and i have to say it answered all
of my demands. lighet body great sound(you can litteraly play any genre on it and it will sound perfect)
very comfortable for solo's and not mentionning sexy looking.

There is just one thing. when i play the first fret on the e string there is a buzzing noise coming out.
why is that and what can i do to fix it?

Last edited by NoGenre : 09-22-2013 at 08:01 AM.
NoGenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
fudger
Im a ninja of love..

Your action may be too low at the nut. You can get a new nut or take the nut out and throw a thin piece of wood or something under the nut and put the nut back on and see if that fixes the problem.

Or that one fret could be uneven.
Bandcamp

I'd rather be Phishing...
fudger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
damienbass

New or used? I will agree with everything that fudger said and add that it may be a burr on a fretwire somewhere.
damienbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
NoGenre

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienbass
New or used? I will agree with everything that fudger said and add that it may be a burr on a fretwire somewhere.

Its a new guitar from the store. any chance it can be because the guitar is new and so are the strings?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
damienbass

display model or from the back? If it was a display model, then it could very easily be a burr. It could also be a slight warp in the neck, action too low at the nut or the bridge. If it was bought new, It should still have the warranty from where you bought it. I'd take it back to the store and tell them the problem.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:53 AM   #6
NoGenre

Quote:
display model or from the back? If it was a display model, then it could very easily be a burr. It could also be a slight warp in the neck, action too low at the nut or the bridge. If it was bought new, It should still have the warranty from where you bought it. I'd take it back to the store and tell them the problem.

not from the display. a new guitar.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
damienbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGenre
not from the display. a new guitar.

Take it back to the store. They should fix it or replace it. They hate it, but they will do it. It could be your tuning as well, so what tuning are you in? May have to learn how to set the string action every time you change tunings. I play in Eflat and D for the majority of my band's playlist. This loosens the tension on the strings and can make them flop. I slightly raise my strings if they flop against the neck.

Bass:
Ibanez SR 756
Ibanez BTB 676
Old 10-04-2013, 03:56 AM   #8
John Swift

Quote:

What exactly do you mean by warp?
Necks usually have inward or backward bow until they're set up properly but I've not come across a warped neck which would mean that it is twisted.

If the bass has a problem then it should be returned, it should have been properly set up prior to going on sale.
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
John Swift is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: