Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
CalicoSkies

Modded Deluxe Player's Strat

Just wanted to show one of my guitars. This is a 2011 Deluxe Player's Strat that I bought earlier this year, and currently it's modded with Schaller locking tuners and a set of Kinman Impersonator 54 pickups along with Kimnan's K9 wiring harness & switching and a white pearl pickguard. The body color is transparent sapphire blue, and the neck has the rosewood fingerboard.

Previously, I had put a set of Kinman Traditional Mk-III pickups in the original pickguard with the original electronics:

I'm debating whether I like the brown tortoise or the white pearl pickguard better on this guitar. I think the brown tortoise pickguard creates a nice contrast with the white plastic parts and looks good overall, but I think the white pearl pickguard also looks really nice with the sapphire blue body. Also, a minor thing is the lettering on the Kinman pickup covers: The Traditional Mk-III pickup covers have a dark red lettering, which goes well with the brown tortoise pickguard, and the Impersonator 54 pickup covers have blue letteroing, which somewhat matches the body color.
CalicoSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
guitarman12909
im awesome

I think the tortoise shell looks better.
guitarman12909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
-MintSauce-
Time Lord

My vote goes for the pearl - I think it looks cleaner with the other white plastics.
-MintSauce- is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: