Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
MaddMann274
Ridding sanity

Looking for a semi-acoustic classical guitar

I am a huge classical guitar fan, I've made several compositions for classical guitar (wrote them on my electric), however I am unable to record these compositions as I don't have a classical guitar. So I am looking to buy a semi-acoustic classical guitar so I can plug it into my interface and start recording.

Budget: $700
New or Used? I am fine with either

Note: I'll be using this guitar for recordings only.

Thanks,

Twitter
Reverbnation
MaddMann274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Knackworst1

I recommend you to buy a decent microphone to record... Plugging an acoustic guitar in won't give the same sound quality is it is unplugged...
The sound in an acoustic guitar is produced by the shape and the wood, but if you plug it in the sound produced comes just from the installed pickup (and the amp too)...
So buy a good microphone instead, watch some tutorials on how to set it up in order to get the best sound and you're good to go...

EDIT: http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/EUR
Tons of good equipment on here, and I guess the ship to your country too...
Knackworst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.

I would buy a classical guitar and use a microphone. I would go to a store and try them all out. They vary widely. I have personally found Cordoba Takemine to be consistent, though.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
Angusman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
Captaincranky

It depends on what the tonality is you trying to achieve. If you want the purist's "classical classical" sound, then a mic and standard classical guitar are the only way to go.

If you want a bit more "modern" or perhaps "eccentric" sound, then Godin and some others make semi hollow nylon string guitars that produce a hybrid acoustic electric tonality Godin Multiac: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...electric-guitar

I suspect it would be absolutely necessary to hear one of these before you go to far off the rails and buy one.
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
Bikewer

I agree.... There are several "elecrified" classics available now, even solid-bodied models which are completely dependent on their electronics.
Many of these may be very useful if your primary goal is running these sounds into various electronics and experimenting with that.
However, I'll wager that in the realm of sound modification and modeling...You can make nearly any guitar sound rather like a classical with the right software.
I freely admit I know little of such things... Pretty much an acoustic player.
Bikewer is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: