Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
nickenator8

Desolation Single-Cutaway 2?

Do any of you guys own this guitar?

How do you like it for Metal? I'm probably going to go to my local music shop and see if they have any in stock there.

Thanks in advance
nickenator8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
ibacred
Plays the Geetar

I've never tried one, but I've heard they're not the greatest guitars.

Make sure you go to the store and try one first, and if you decide to buy it give it a good look over and buy the one you tried, not one from the back of the store.

Carvin Bolt Classic
LTD EC 1000
Parker PDF100
HD500 pod
ibacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
danvwman

They are not as bad as people say, in UG if it aint a Gibson or usa or Japan built they think its garbage.

Its like any guitar,play a few if you can and buy the one that feels good,plays good. Look it over real good. Like where stuff fits together. Look for stripped screws and stuff that does not line up. If it plays crappy or looks like total dung dont buy it. Hell I have laughed out loud at some Gibsons I have seen and for that matter I have seen some pos PRS guitars too.

The EMGs are good for metal and the ones in mine worked well for down tuning. But I prefer passives so I put some Bare knuckle holy divers in my Star. I actually bought it knowing I was replacing the EMGs.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic

^ what he says is true but you should definitely take care with the desolation series, they do have very poor QC. I know from experience on that one!

Apparently a few of them do turn out good so go have a look and if you find a good one then it could be worth going for. Definitely do not buy blind on these though as the poor QC could (and probably will) bite you in the arse like it did me.
NotTheMessiah30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: