Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
holyterror4

Missing screw on bridge

Hey everyone, I have a fender strat and recently noticed Im missing a small screw on my bridge. It's not the ones that have to deal with the springs and are long, but rather the small set screws that I believe have to do with the height of the strings. Anyways, I will replace it, but will my guitar be affected in the short term by this tiny missing screw? It doesn't seem to be any different without it. Please let me know.
holyterror4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
kutless999

No, it shouldn't have any effect at all. It's just used to hold the bridge down, but the other five screws will keep it down just fine until you an get another one.
kutless999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
holyterror4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutless999
No, it shouldn't have any effect at all. It's just used to hold the bridge down, but the other five screws will keep it down just fine until you an get another one.

Hi thanks so much for responding, I just wanna clarify that we're on the same page. From reading your response where u said "used to hold the bridge down", and "the other five", it just gives me the impression that u thought I was talking about the big screws closest to the pickups, that ,as u said, simply hold down the bridge. But I'm referring to one of the 12 really tiny screws that are on the saddles I think, and are connected to the pieces the strings rest upon. Sorry if that's what u were talking about all along, I'm just trying to make sure. Im not good with the mechanics or components of the guitar. Thanks again man.
holyterror4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
kutless999

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyterror4
Hi thanks so much for responding, I just wanna clarify that we're on the same page. From reading your response where u said "used to hold the bridge down", and "the other five", it just gives me the impression that u thought I was talking about the big screws closest to the pickups, that ,as u said, simply hold down the bridge. But I'm referring to one of the 12 really tiny screws that are on the saddles I think, and are connected to the pieces the strings rest upon. Sorry if that's what u were talking about all along, I'm just trying to make sure. Im not good with the mechanics or components of the guitar. Thanks again man.

Well, the missing screw will effect that particular saddle but not the other five. Try playing that string and see what happens to the saddle.
kutless999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: