Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
norco123

Blackouts - Help with 3 way mini switch

Hey guys, new here. I really need some help from someone who has good experience with wiring. I replaced the passive pickups with the AHB-1 Blackouts in my B.C. Rich Warlock, and am having a hell of a time trying to get them to work. I have followed the wiring diagrams that came from Seymour Duncan, and all was well until I had to find out how to wire in my 3 way on/on/on mini switch (DPDT). There's some confusion because the first diagram here has a 3rd (ground I assume) wire [forbidden link]

Wiring the guitar that way I got some sound from one pickup...and nothing on the other or when used together..So then I found this diagram and wired it this way, but I have no idea if it needs a ground or what because I get absolutely no sound now
For reference I am using the middle config, so push the switch to neck for neck pickup, vice versa for bridge pickup and middle for both. [forbidden link]

So, if anyone has any advice for me I would greatly appreciate it, I just want to get the guitar back together and try these friggin pickups out!!! Thanks in advance, Pat.
norco123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
norco123

so apparently the links don't want to work, here are the pictures of the switch diagrams. I also added two pics (sorry about the size) of the guitar as it's currently wired.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg switch translation.jpg (19.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 3 way mini.jpg (14.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5058.JPG (56.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5061.JPG (30.3 KB, 16 views)
norco123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: