Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #41
CustomAxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico the Great
Beautiful! Just... review this thing already .

And welcome to the club!

Fair enough, here's a full review:

Fit and finish are top notch, stainless frets feel great. Seems to be holding tune very well. The piezo is fantastic, and has all but replaced my Breedlove acoustic. I'll need some more time with the pickups, they sound great for lead playing but I'm used to Bareknuckles in all my guitars so the Dimarzios seem to lack some "oomph" by comparison. Might end up dropping a set of BKPs into it. The entire guitar is just fantastic. I will say that I don't think it's worth the $3500 they charge for it (markup for being a Petrucci sig, etc), but then again I don't think the $6k LPs and $5K Fenders are worth the money either. At the price I paid ($1900) its absolutely amazing quality. And lastly I will mention that the case is the nicest I have ever seen. It makes every other hardshell I've seen look like a Musicians Friend brand. Perfect stitching, great fit, and it just looks fantastic. I also gotta say that I like it much better than other BFRs i have tried in the past (probably the different wood combination).
Old 12-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #42
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

I agree that a factory guitar like that selling for $3500 is a bit steep. In that price range, you can get something custom made from a small luthier.

Still, looks like an amazing guitar, and probably worth every cent of $1900.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #43
gregs1020
plays with his peters.

$1900???

**** you.

gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #44
CustomAxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RP1G
I agree that a factory guitar like that selling for $3500 is a bit steep. In that price range, you can get something custom made from a small luthier.

Still, looks like an amazing guitar, and probably worth every cent of $1900.

Read my mind lol. I do have several guitars from a small luthier (each one was in the $1800 to $2200 range) and they're amazing in their own right. I just decided that if i passed on this for $1900 I'd regret it. Worst case if i decide to sell it i can definitely make a decent chunk of profit (unlike the customs from the small luthier which'll have practically no resale value). I'm glad I took the chance though, it's really an amazing guitar. Plus I don't have any with a piezo, so this covers that need.

Rate This Thread: