Stop being a lazy douche and learn to sing. 35 59.32%
Wait out the storm of awful singers and hope for the best 15 25.42%
summon chuck norris to sing for us at gigs for he needs no practice 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #21
Androidjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAltitudes
Honestly just do it yourself. At the very least you'll benefit from added musicianship and possibly become a great singer or even become solely a singer. Eventually you may find someone to replace you and then voila, you've got back up vocals now.

Well i've decided i'll just be filling in till we get a singer not a big fan of it but at least my playing will get tighter from it
Androidjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #22
BlueAltitudes
The Virtuoso's Brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidjoey
Well i've decided i'll just be filling in till we get a singer not a big fan of it but at least my playing will get tighter from it

I honestly think you'll really like it and come to better appreciate good singing. I used to think singing was easy and that anyone could do it and boy did I find out fast how wrong I was. I actually study voice now and it's not easy because I'm not really a natural singer but I really like and want to become as good as I can and combine it with my guitar playing now. It's really helped my overall musicianship like I said earlier and you'll find playing things more and more easier the better you get.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
BlueAltitudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #23
Highelf04
UG's ONLY Batgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
bullshit, everyone sings.

This
practice mofo

in the balls

LEICESTER CITY

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ClockHouseBand

Clockhouse is a thing
Find us
Listen to us
Love us
Highelf04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #24
willT08
SM58 beater

I've been looking for a vocalist for some EDM I'm working on and I found about 7 in an hour...

Do you not have singing friends? I could rattle off about 20 names who have Grade 7 at least
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #25
Philip_pepper
UG's Last German.

Learn how to sing. It's what I done son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.
Philip_pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #26
theogonia777
Professional Musician

Just play instrumental bluegrass. That way you need neither a singer nor a drummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Is melodic metal the one with the tweedly-doo or the doodly-dee?

No, you're thinking of technical death metal, which is the one that goes weedle-weedle-deedle-dee. In fact, I've decided to start tech death band called Viridian Forest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
That's right I have a four inch penis.

Now you have no excuse... | On Toni Loomi - The Origin of "Loombag"
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #27
Ian_the_fox
Bark

Ah, yes. The singer search. Been there, done that.

Singers are the hardest members to find for the sole reason that a majority of them have over-the-top egos. What you have probably already found is that anyone who claims they can sing/scream, can't. It's rare to even find someone who uses proper technique.

And often times, the ones who truly can will dislike your music genre or don't have suitable range or capabilities for your music (can sing but not do harsh, or other way around, etc.). If you can even find one who's good to start with.

The trick is to look away from the assholes with the massive "vocalist" egos. Look other places. Are you still in high school? Do they have a choir? Ask people there. Ask the choir teacher who they would recommend. It will be difficult, but you'll just have to look hard.

That, or become the vocalist yourself. That's what I did. I don't think I'm all that great, but I at least am experienced and use proper techniques, plus other people (aside from my idiot friends) think I sound good. Granted, I've been singing for years but that doesn't mean you can't learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
why did ian cross the road?

his dick was stuck in the chicken
Ian_the_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #28
Mathedes
Dissonant Unison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidjoey
Done! Now enjoy the metalz \m/

Good good. Let the metalz flow through you.

We're all alright!
Mathedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #29
ChucklesMginty
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
I know right.

No singers.

No drummers.

Funny, cause when I went to music school there were more drummers than guitar players. And about 15 bass players...

Many singers, about 3 of them male who didn't want to be popstars.
ChucklesMginty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #30
Androidjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Ah, yes. The singer search. Been there, done that.

Singers are the hardest members to find for the sole reason that a majority of them have over-the-top egos. What you have probably already found is that anyone who claims they can sing/scream, can't. It's rare to even find someone who uses proper technique.

And often times, the ones who truly can will dislike your music genre or don't have suitable range or capabilities for your music (can sing but not do harsh, or other way around, etc.). If you can even find one who's good to start with.

The trick is to look away from the assholes with the massive "vocalist" egos. Look other places. Are you still in high school? Do they have a choir? Ask people there. Ask the choir teacher who they would recommend. It will be difficult, but you'll just have to look hard.

That, or become the vocalist yourself. That's what I did. I don't think I'm all that great, but I at least am experienced and use proper techniques, plus other people (aside from my idiot friends) think I sound good. Granted, I've been singing for years but that doesn't mean you can't learn.

Already checked with my friends who were in choir and stuff but its either i'm busy or i want to scream or i'm a professional and i know best so their for i will sing about my broken heart and how much i miss my ex. So the only logical answer at this point is to be a proper band leader and take the task so we can record and gig
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #31
losing battle
UG's Gummy

Clean metal singer forget even exist? Still better then finding a decent drummer for metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFromTheVoid
I don't want to be under 16 again, though if a sexy horse wondered into my room I'd have a hard time saying neigh
losing battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #32
Androidjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAltitudes
I honestly think you'll really like it and come to better appreciate good singing. I used to think singing was easy and that anyone could do it and boy did I find out fast how wrong I was. I actually study voice now and it's not easy because I'm not really a natural singer but I really like and want to become as good as I can and combine it with my guitar playing now. It's really helped my overall musicianship like I said earlier and you'll find playing things more and more easier the better you get.

Since you study voice maybe you can help me out i can sing in Em pretty easily but im struggling in Gm what could i do to make it a bit smoother?

Rate This Thread: