User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #61
King Twili
UG's Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by triface
Gauss SAW is the medic weapon, isn't it? I found the spread was noticeably larger than the LA/Engineer/HA weapons, so I'm not a very big fan of it since I love being able to snipe. Not that it'll do much good in this game, but I find it satisfying when I hear the hitsounds from far.

The medic weapon is the Gauss Rifle :p

The Gauss SAW is the default NC HA LMG, and it's pretty much perfect, although the low RoF can be a bit difficult on CQC

I totally suck at using the snipers in this game. Drop isn't too much of an issue for me, leading is. Anyway, unless you're really aggressive with it, sniping doesn't really do much to help take a base. That's where SMGs and the cloak come in. Lots of fun to be had there.

^Server and Faction?

Last edited by King Twili : 05-23-2013 at 01:04 PM.
King Twili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #62
King Twili
UG's Constable

For those of you concerned with new weapons taking too long to unlock, Game Update 09 just released and has, amongst other things, reduced the prices for a fair amount of weapons by 75%.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #63
triface
Drenched in Syrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Twili
The medic weapon is the Gauss Rifle :p

The Gauss SAW is the default NC HA LMG, and it's pretty much perfect, although the low RoF can be a bit difficult on CQC

I totally suck at using the snipers in this game. Drop isn't too much of an issue for me, leading is. Anyway, unless you're really aggressive with it, sniping doesn't really do much to help take a base. That's where SMGs and the cloak come in. Lots of fun to be had there.

^Server and Faction?

What an idiot I am. Yeah I like that weapon too.

Yeah sniping doesn't really work for me in this game as well. With a bit of lag you're pretty much not going to be hitting anything. This aspect of realism detracts from the fun in my opinion, but I guess that's also the reason we don't get sniped the minute we run out the base. That would be awful.

That price change is cool. I'll have to check it out some time.

Member of the 7-String/ERG Legion
triface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #64
CoreysMonster
Banned

This game sucks. It's not even close to TF2.
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #65
PapaKooLay

This game is AMAZING. I just could never get into it. You really need to go into chat and join large groups. This is a game where, really, a solo player is not contributing much.
PapaKooLay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:53 AM   #66
triface
Drenched in Syrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
This game sucks. It's not even close to TF2.

The only thing going for Planetside is the super big-scale battles, the dogfights and the "contribute in your own small special way" playstyle, which is surprisingly fun if you've got a group going and are going on bombing runs.

But really, it's quite a different game. Both have different philosophies. While TF2 is about a close-knit team working together as a cohesive unit, Planetside is a little more about zerging. I still very much prefer TF2 myself, but Planetside doesn't suck as much as you would think if you really put in the effort and try and get a group of friends to play it. I actually uninstalled the game 5 minutes in the first time because I couldn't stand the shooting mechanics (coming from Enemy Territory).

Member of the 7-String/ERG Legion

Last edited by triface : 05-24-2013 at 03:54 AM.
triface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:50 AM   #67
King Twili
UG's Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by triface
The only thing going for Planetside is the super big-scale battles, the dogfights and the "contribute in your own small special way" playstyle, which is surprisingly fun if you've got a group going and are going on bombing runs.

But really, it's quite a different game. Both have different philosophies. While TF2 is about a close-knit team working together as a cohesive unit, Planetside is a little more about zerging. I still very much prefer TF2 myself, but Planetside doesn't suck as much as you would think if you really put in the effort and try and get a group of friends to play it. I actually uninstalled the game 5 minutes in the first time because I couldn't stand the shooting mechanics (coming from Enemy Territory).

It's okay, Ryan is just butthurt that he can't run it

Rate This Thread: