Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #1
fobfob

why do some people dislike fall out boy?

Hi
Just curious as to why some people dislike fall out boy ?
fobfob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
sweetdude3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobfob
Hi
Just curious as to why some people dislike fall out boy ?

Same reason why people hatr Beiber.
sweetdude3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Why do people dislike anything?

Because personal taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
vilk
******ed

this is deep.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
Audiolife

Because they think it makes them look "edgy" and "m3tal." It's the cool thing to do, to hate people who have had major success regardless of if they have worked hard to get it. I understand if someone doesn't like it, that's fine. But their is no reasonable explanation for the hate they get.
Audiolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #6
vilk
******ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiolife
Because they think it makes them look "edgy" and "m3tal." It's the cool thing to do, to hate people who have had major success regardless of if they have worked hard to get it. I understand if someone doesn't like it, that's fine. But their is no reasonable explanation for the hate they get.

seriously? People who primarily listen to metal (me) usually don't know enough about popular music to care. The last time I heard a Fall Out Boy song was in high school, and I felt that it was meh. Just some more pop-rock music. It doesn't mean anything to me. If I were to use stronger words I guess I could say 'I hate it', but personality wise for me I don't tend to 'hate' music so much. I either like it or I don't care.

However, saying that people purposely hate on bands to make themselves seem edgy or metal kind of just makes you seem like you are for some reason embarrassed for liking popular music or butt-hurt because some metal head made fun of you. Maybe when you're in high school it's a big deal or something, but realistically liking shitty pop-rock music will probably make you more popular with girls, or just people in general, so I doubt anyone does it to seem cool.

Last edited by vilk : 06-25-2013 at 12:56 AM.
vilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
Audiolife

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilk
seriously? People who primarily listen to metal (me) usually don't know enough about popular music to care. The last time I heard a Fall Out Boy song was in high school, and I felt that it was meh. Just some more pop-rock music. It doesn't mean anything to me. If I were to use stronger words I guess I could say 'I hate it', but personality wise for me I don't tend to 'hate' music so much. I either like it or I don't care.

However, saying that people purposely hate on bands to make themselves seem edgy or metal kind of just makes you seem like you are for some reason embarrassed for liking popular music or butt-hurt because some metal head made fun of you. Maybe when you're in high school it's a big deal or something, but realistically liking shitty pop-rock music will probably make you more popular with girls, or just people in general, so I doubt anyone does it to seem cool.

That's the problem... You just said that you felt "meh" about them! Being meh about something and hating something are to completely different things. This obviously didn't apply to you.

It's the same reason people hate anything labeled "mainstream," there might be some cool music there but people aren't concerned with if the music is good or not. They're concerned with their image. People act like Fall Out Boy killed children and ate their little corpse's, when all they did was make music. I'll say it again: There is a difference between disliking a band because of personal taste and hating a band because it makes you feel superior or cool.

Don't act like people don't do that, especially the people on this site. It's the culture we live in and FOB is one of the "victims."
Audiolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #8
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

I don't think FOB are one of those "**** the haters" bands. They're not cool anymore. If people want to be edgy they listen to generic mainstream metalcore band #3 these days.

FOB just do what they want and normally it turns out pretty catchy. I am unashamedly a fan of at least two of their albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 06-25-2013 at 12:43 PM.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #9
Drogba1

It's the cool thing to do, to hate people who have had major success regardless of if they have worked hard to get it. I understand if someone doesn't like it, that's fine. But their is no reasonable explanation for the hate they get.
Buy WOW Gold
Cheap WOW Gold
Drogba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
Fallenoath
My minds playin' tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilk
this is deep.

Just like magnets.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute
1999 Ibanez RG470 (MIJ)
Peavey 6505+
Egnater Tweaker 15 (Yeah, I tweak)
Fallenoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #11
Hammer-On-22

I think their new album is doing nothing to save rock and roll
Hammer-On-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
man_suits
and stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
FOB just do what they want and normally it turns out pretty catchy. I am unashamedly a fan of at least two of their albums.

I can agree with this. FOB definitely could make a catchy song. It was cool for what it was. I think people jump on the hate train because it's what everyone else is saying/doing without putting too much thought into why.
man_suits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
eric_wearing
KillerOfIdiocracy

People still complain about FOB? I'll admit that when I firt got into rock music (around 10th grade) I pulled the whole "hate it cos it's the cool thing to do" but I've listened to their stuff and I like it.
I did the same with Beiber but just for lulz, I never listened to anything but that annoying Baby and Boyfriend...it was shxt...but now he has grown up a bit and you can't deny the kids talent and musicianship.
I don't really like metalcore (it's growing on me though) and Dethcore upsets me a lot cos it's so friggin lazy...I feel bad sometimes though cos being a metalhead means that I'm expected to hate these bands y'know? I mean, I don't feel bad about BOTDF but BVB isn't too bad, just generic. And I'm actually a fan of A7X though The Rev was apparently the force behind the band seeing that Nightmare sucked...

Sorry for spieling XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBKGUITAR
To be a good lead guitar you must be VERY GOOD AT RYTHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggaraMarine
My motto: Play what the song needs you to play!
eric_wearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
Caaarrl94

They're just one of those meh pop punk bands.
Nothing great about them, but nothing terrible about them.
I used to like them quite alot
Old 12-31-2013, 03:54 AM   #15
fobfob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenoath
Just like magnets.

how are magnets deep?
fobfob is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: