User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #121
Mephaphil
No empty frets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RP1G
Besides killing innocent families, their track record is pretty good!

No but seriously, I've owned a few Toyotas and they can be amazing vehicles, especially when the mileage gets up there. It's too bad about that accelerator thing.

I only ride motorbikes. Cars, Pshhhh.

My rear brake caliper went when I was on the motorway once, kept me on my toes, if it were the front that would've been bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Mephaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #122
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephaphil
I only ride motorbikes. Cars, Pshhhh.

My rear brake caliper went when I was on the motorway once, kept me on my toes, if it were the front that would've been bad.

Definitely part of the reason I don't drive a motorcycle right there. But I think the biggest reason are the millions of morons and assholes on the road. The last thing I want to do is give some stupid teenager or a dizzy soccer mom so much power over my life. You're a brave man. Or maybe just a bit crazy?
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #123
JustRooster
Organ Donor

Quote:
Aww thanks. I was thinking about putting the stocks back in (2011). I'm playing a lot more Hendrix, SRV stuff and I'm using my Tele for that because I have the Dimarzios in the Strat, although my bridge is a lil 59 I like the middle/neck position for certain stuff and the current Dimarzios are really high output and it doesn't achieve a tone that's Strat like. Plus my Gibson just sounds great for metal and stuff and the Dimarzios are geared towards Muse, Pumpkins stuff that I'm not playing at the moment.

So yea, will probably put them back in. I am also thinking about the Texas Specials or Texas Hot. I'll keep the lil 59' though. It's rocking. Thoughts?

Did SRV use the stock pickups? I could Google it yea, but it's a conversation piece

SRV used something very similar to the 57/62 set. Lots of folks think he used Texas Specials, which weren't developed till after his death, I believe.

The lil' 59' is probably my favorite Stratbucker. I'd keep that in there if you're going to be using it for some 90's Alt as well as what you mentioned earlier. That stock pup in the Neck should be enough to hit the sound you want. Playing SRV and Hendrix is more how you play than what, anyway.

Roostyalcatraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Spudly
Heck I killed a grizzly with a telecaster. Tex-Mex pickups too. Imagine what I could have done with twang kings or something like that.

JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #124
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!

Quote:

I've not got the best lighting here, maybe tomorrow if it snows I'll take it into the snow. IF it snows. It hasn't yet and the forecast doesn't say snow, but you never know.

If you're looking for snow we've got plenty here.
Huge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #125
Mephaphil
No empty frets.

Quote:
Definitely part of the reason I don't drive a motorcycle right there. But I think the biggest reason are the millions of morons and assholes on the road. The last thing I want to do is give some stupid teenager or a dizzy soccer mom so much power over my life. You're a brave man. Or maybe just a bit crazy?

Call me crazy, but you can't help who you love, meet Scarlet (lame)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRooster
SRV used something very similar to the 57/62 set. Lots of folks think he used Texas Specials, which weren't developed till after his death, I believe.

The lil' 59' is probably my favorite Stratbucker. I'd keep that in there if you're going to be using it for some 90's Alt as well as what you mentioned earlier. That stock pup in the Neck should be enough to hit the sound you want. Playing SRV and Hendrix is more how you play than what, anyway.

I guess you're right. I do like to mess around with my pickups though, just to explore and be motivated. I will have a read about the Texas Specials and Hot. But maybe the originals are hot enough, they are hotter than previous year. I'll probably keep the 59 in regardless, it's rockin'.

Quote:

Last edited by Mephaphil : 12-30-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:47 AM   #126
Controlpanel
qɐuuǝp

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfj06
Pretty much what most people say is that the classic vibe is as good as a good.mexi strat and more consistent
.. finding mexi strats with good fretwork took me awhile, it took like 6 7 of them before I found one that didn't have sharp edges from the frets sticking out the side of the neck.. any of the lower grade squires aren't any better then your yamaha

My next guitar will probably be a squier cv 50's strat

I have found every mexican strat to be horrid. All of them needed work of some kind or another, and didn't even register next to an American.

The telecasters though....It might just not be hard to get a tele right, but I've played tons of the mexi tele's, and they are easily 80% of what my American Standard is...
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Controlpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:50 AM   #127
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:

Sweet bike!
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #128
Mephaphil
No empty frets.

Quote:
Sweet bike!

Thanks!

It didn't snow today

Quote:

Rate This Thread: