Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #23241
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

I personally would not do it. Their appraisal for your GTI will most likely be less than what you still owe. Plus the warranty is most likely non-transferrable. It is never a good idea to buy a car out of impulse. By calling you so close to the end of the sales month, they're creating a sense of urgency so you feel like you might be missing out on a great deal but don't have time to do more research or shop around. Classic sales technique.

For what it's worth, I think it's a good idea to have gotten the extended warranty. VW electronics are notorious for being a nightmare after 40-50k.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Last edited by Xiaoxi : 08-28-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:28 AM   #23242
Lt. Shinysides
Perma'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldud536
Hey guys today I got a call from my dealership wanting to buy back my car and I'm VERY skeptical about this so here's a quick rundown of my situation:

-2012 GTI with almost 40k miles
-I bought last year mid December with 33k miles on it (I've had it for almost 8 months now)
- I paid $22k with an extended warranty included (might've been a bad idea)
-I have $17k left to pay on it
-They want to put me in a new GTI (2015)

The sales rep made an appointment tomorrow since I'm bringing it in anyways for a scheduled maintenance..but in short:

SHOULD I EXPECT ANYTHING POSITIVE OUT OF THIS?

of course they want to put you in a new GTI, because the new gti will cost you more, you will have effectively erased your last few months of payments, they'll have you on a LONGER payment term just to make the payments equal, and your trade in will make them a pretty penny too. they are royally ****ing you, making absolutely nothing but monetary gain at your expense, and putting you deeper into debt. if ford ever called me up trying to get me into a new mustang 8 months after purchasing the last one, I would tell them to go and get ****ed in as many different ways as I possibly could.

Like ace said, they're trying to move some inventory, and your name is on a list. That's all this is. you are not getting a better deal, they are going to **** you, the only reason you're being given this "offer" is because they know they have a better shot at selling a new GTI to someone who bought one before, than a random customer off the street.

Its shit like this that makes me absolutely despise dealerships and car salesman.

When you politely tell the salesman "no thank you", I'm sure he'll be more than happy to bring down the manager anyways in a last ditch attempt to score a sale that was never there, regardless of how many times you've told him you're not interested.

Last edited by Lt. Shinysides : Yesterday at 02:49 AM.
Lt. Shinysides is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: