Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #21
dannyalcatraz

PRS makes great guitars, no question, but getting bang for the buck is also a valid concern.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #22
GuitarL91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
PRS makes great guitars, no question, but getting bang for the buck is also a valid concern.

I'm pretty much loving the PRS. It is €268 for the Ibanez vs. €499 for the PRS. The PRS brings a decent gig bag too btw, but is is kind of a big gap...
GuitarL91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #23
dannyalcatraz

Part of that is going to be down toe each company's different economies of scale, materials used, quality control, brand power and other factors.

Some of that will be experienced in ways you won't notice until yve been playing a while.

When I started on electrics, I actually bought two simultaneously: a Dean Special Select EVO and a Dean Time Capsule Cadillac. That's completely opposite ends of the price spectrum. But at the time, they were roughly equivalent to me.

Over time, I've bought other guitars that ran from $800-3,000. The Cadillac stands up. The EVO? Well, I can now tell that it isn't as good as the Caddy. While its still a nice feeling comfy guitar with excellent tuners, the stock pickups are pretty bad.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #24
GuitarL91

Quote:
Part of that is going to be down toe each company's different economies of scale, materials used, quality control, brand power and other factors.

Some of that will be experienced in ways you won't notice until yve been playing a while.

When I started on electrics, I actually bought two simultaneously: a Dean Special Select EVO and a Dean Time Capsule Cadillac. That's completely opposite ends of the price spectrum. But at the time, they were roughly equivalent to me.

Over time, I've bought other guitars that ran from $800-3,000. The Cadillac stands up. The EVO? Well, I can now tell that it isn't as good as the Caddy. While its still a nice feeling comfy guitar with excellent tuners, the stock pickups are pretty bad.

Totally agree with you. It is hard to pinpoint a sound and feeling of a guitar into a "price". For example when you remove the "SE" from the name, it instantly is worth way more. The PRS has a little damage tho. I think I've made up my mind. Will share it soon I hope . I've got a little comparison to do with other guitars
Old 02-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #25
GuitarL91

And the decision has been made! I pretty much felt in love with the PRS SE EG. The price was kind of an issue for me, but after a small talk in the music store, the price dropped. I couldn't resist it anymore and followed my heart. It sounds superb, it has the sound I was looking for and it playes great as well. Thanks for your support, tips and opinions.

I'm proudly presenting you my PRS SE EG:

Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #26
dannyalcatraz

Looks nice, and I bet it feels like a dream in the hands...

Old 02-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #27
GuitarL91

Quote:

Looks nice, and I bet it feels like a dream in the hands...

Thanks, it's awesome haha! The quality of this pictures doesn't reflect the awesomeness of this guitar. I will shoot some better picture soon
Old 02-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #28
SteveHOC
Used Register

Very nice
SteveHOC is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: