User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
SteveHOC
Used Register

Hanson Guitars

Hey all,
I'm looking around at a few guitars lately and I came across a Hanson Cigno, which looks to be pretty awesome, but there are no dealers even close to me. Has anyone ever gotten to sit down with one of these? I saw that someone here had a Hanson Gatto, but I'm a little more drawn to the triple P-90 setup of the Cigno. It's a bit odd looking in the spectrum of Les Pauls, Strats, and Teles, but I think it's a pretty slick looking instrument.

I'm interested to hear about the quality of the build on these. Youtube videos aren't always telling of the PUP tone - how do they stack up? How's the fret-finishing? How is the hardware? Anyway, these are some of the questions I've got about the Cigno, and if anyone has had the chance to play one, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!
SteveHOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ someone on musicradar bought one (not that model) fairly recently. if you do a search there i'm sure you'll find the thread.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

Premiere Guitar did a review of the Hanson Chicagoan and seemed impressed with it. I don't know if it is the same with all of their instruments, but it is a good sign:

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazi...tar_Review.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
SteveHOC
Used Register

Yeah, I've read reviews on some of the Hanson line, mostly good stuff. I just didn't know if anyone here had personal experience with them. The Premier Guitar article seems to fancy them.
SteveHOC is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: