Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #101
Zeppelin71
Thats my new thing, bozo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones
Haha, well other than the obvious fact we're in the same band:

Bumping with some sort of legit update about "band news" or whatnot is actually ok (at least in PYB rules, I assume this forum too.)

You're fine broheed.

You're not God.

Zeppelin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #102
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicolorType
Agreed. I spend time with what I say so they could at least do the same.. but I'd take a "good job" over nothing. I've posted 20+ critiques (on c4c topics) and asked for one in return and only 3 of them ever posted back. Can't seem to get any replies.
I'd rather have a "good job" over nothing. It's weird to get 50 views and 3 comments. Did 50 people really listen? Did they all hate it? Just hearing from people who like what you recorded is more important to me than some of the critiques.

When I post I like what somebody did I really mean it. If it's not my style of music and can't appreciate the song I move on.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #103
Metorical
Shpongled

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135
I'd rather have a "good job" over nothing. It's weird to get 50 views and 3 comments. Did 50 people really listen? Did they all hate it? Just hearing from people who like what you recorded is more important to me than some of the critiques.

When I post I like what somebody did I really mean it. If it's not my style of music and can't appreciate the song I move on.

It's all pretty frustrating on here, I've found. It's crazy seeing 90 views and 1 reply. In a perfect world it should be 90 views 90 replies, but of course that's not going to happen, but I'd take 90 views 20 replies over nothing.

I understand if people don't like what they've heard, but why don't people EXPLAIN why they don't like it rather than just leaving? Constructive criticisms are certainly more helpful than just saying nothing, and are DEFINITELY more helpful than some of the 'I would have done this better' comments that I've seen people leave.

Sometimes I think I put way too much effort into the crits I give people compared to what I get in return

PSYBIENT/POST-ROCK/PROGRESSIVE ROCK
Don't forget to click the 'Follow' button if you like it!
Metorical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #104
WaltTheWerewolf
Caffeinated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metorical
It's all pretty frustrating on here, I've found. It's crazy seeing 90 views and 1 reply. In a perfect world it should be 90 views 90 replies, but of course that's not going to happen, but I'd take 90 views 20 replies over nothing.

I understand if people don't like what they've heard, but why don't people EXPLAIN why they don't like it rather than just leaving? Constructive criticisms are certainly more helpful than just saying nothing, and are DEFINITELY more helpful than some of the 'I would have done this better' comments that I've seen people leave.

Sometimes I think I put way too much effort into the crits I give people compared to what I get in return

I think sometimes it boils down to genres they simply dislike when they peak into a brand new post...I do mostly acoustic stuff and my latest post could damn well be considered easy listening lol so i guess people hear it and automatically think "bleh" soft finger picked acoustic and gentle strings boring!

But i like alot of multi genres so i try to post especially in anyone that doesnt have any reviews yet but a ton of plays etc.
WaltTheWerewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #105
TV-Casualty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metorical

i think the rules in place on this forum do a lot to prevent thoughtful discussion. the fact that its frowned upon to post in your own thread makes it difficult to dig deeper and get the important details of what people are really thinking.
the whole 'critique for critique' exchange thats so popular around here doesn't seem to work very well either. a lot of the time it seems people will be overly cautious when expressing their opinions on your work because they don't want to offend you, because they want you to look at their stuff and like it. its a 'i'll scratch your back if you scratch mine' kind of thing in the worst way possible where people don't always care about actually getting feedback, and instead care more about showing off their stuff. thats all fine, and i get it, because really I'm guilty of that too. it'd just be nice to have some brutally honest replies every once in a while from people with nothing at stake
TV-Casualty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #106
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast

Lately, I'm finding people not even offering the courtesy of responding after posting a comment in their thread. If I owe people a comment and can't find the time to listen I refrain from responding in my own thread until I can fulfill my duty.

The Original Record forum is the only place to show off your music so it would be nice if people could comment as they please rather than it being a "rule" to critique. OTOH I'm finding the rules aren't too enforced.

I am a bit cautious about critiquing because many or most of us are amateurs so I try to frame my comments with the perceived abilities of the musician. I know my comments aren't going to make the person play any better so I look for things that they could improve upon that are separate. Like maybe something about the mix or tone.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #107
ArrowNboW

This is an excellent site for new talents!
yeah..hearing good and some bad songs too :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pji...dA&feature=plcp

Last edited by ArrowNboW : 02-18-2012 at 11:38 AM.
ArrowNboW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #108
viola0shredder

i created a thread but had much technical diffuclty getting the links to be right and people stopped paying attention. i wasnt able to get any feedback at all, can I create a new thread?
viola0shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #109
BURNTHEPRIEST94
Tom Konidas

Old 05-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #110
fc89konkari
UG Addict

My problem atm is most definitely lack of experience. I'm extremely amateur as a producer. I can't evaluate others nor me when it comes to mixing. When I mix I can ofc tell if I like this or that better etc. but idk if the end result is "good", although I usually like it.

So the whole point of this post was to say, that I don't really dare creating my own thread for an original that I'd like crits for, because I can't really crit others. Some songs its easy to tell that I don't like the tone of this or that, but on most cases, I just honestly don't know what to say about it, not talking about how to actually improve it.

http://soundcloud.com/joneh
My Youtube channel: /JoonatanH96
fc89konkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #111
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

You can crit song writing without worrying about production.

If you have any kind of ear at all you can normally tell if something sounds too bassy or too messy or what ever.

The Site I Write For / My Soundcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan311
Proving yet again that you consistently have the worst taste on this forum.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #112
LiquidLightning
Guitarist

So hi! I'm Mike and I'm new here. I've been playing guitar for 7 years going into my 8th. I'm not in a band but I have a couple solo stuff on my profile. I play guitar on my spare time. Thought I'd stop by.
LiquidLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #113
StrangeDaze-

I just find it funny that my thread has 86 views, but the actual song on soundcloud only has 11 play. Like wtf? people just click on the thread and dont click on the link @_@
StrangeDaze- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #114
333dirtbag333

great rule set!
-Dunlop Crybaby From hell
-Randall Rx120D
333dirtbag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #115
streethk

Talking

Hey, check out my guitaring videos. They might be of interest to you guys. I am very influenced by the guitaring style of the 80s

Advance solo and licks demonstration

'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApAmvyb9wZY'

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing Cover

'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-UQiKtD9cg'

Own Composition - Last Forever

'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdkpW16pKAs'

Van Halen Semi - Eruption Cover

'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmZIEX1DPOM'

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks....n Rock On
streethk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #116
scarethecrows

Is it okay for me to comment on my own thread asking for no more criticism? I edited my original post with an updated mix that's based off of the great feedback I received and I'm not planning to work on the project further.

edit: scratch that I'll just edit the OP

Last edited by scarethecrows : 11-13-2013 at 03:38 PM.
scarethecrows is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: