Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #11861
Robbgnarly
Registered User
 
Robbgnarly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NSB, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticojpunk
I am retubing my V55HD with JJs from Eurotubes.

I also got their bias probe. I've seen conflicting info on what the bias ma should be. Eurotubes suggested between 36ma and 38ma. Other places, including page one of this thread state that the proper ma is 43.75ma. Not sure where to set it. Hopefully someone can help out on this. Thanks!

you have a bias probe, so why not try a few different bias settings to see which you like best? Just leave the amp out of the head shell.

Do not leave the bias probe in when you play.
__________________
2002 PRS CE22
197? Sanox Sound Creator LP clone (GFS Fat Pat)
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #11862
Ticojpunk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
you have a bias probe, so why not try a few different bias settings to see which you like best? Just leave the amp out of the head shell.

Do not leave the bias probe in when you play.


Thanks. I was concerned that the wrong setting would be cooking the tubes and I didn't want that to happen . But maybe there isn't as big a difference between 37ma and 43ma as I thought?

So far, both sound fine to me, but I'm unable to get the amp cranked up too loud as home. However, last night I was playing for a while, moderate volume, had it set to 37ma and the center of the faceplate seemed hotter than normal. But maybe I just hadn't noticed the heat before?

Last edited by Ticojpunk : 02-08-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Ticojpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:07 AM   #11863
Axe-man69
UG Board King
 
Axe-man69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne , AU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticojpunk
Thanks. I was concerned that the wrong setting would be cooking the tubes and I didn't want that to happen . But maybe there isn't as big a difference between 37ma and 43ma as I thought?

So far, both sound fine to me, but I'm unable to get the amp cranked up too loud as home. However, last night I was playing for a while, moderate volume, had it set to 37ma and the center of the faceplate seemed hotter than normal. But maybe I just hadn't noticed the heat before?


43mA is the correct setting for 6L6 valves with that circuit voltage @ 70% dissipation. But anywhere between 38-43 should be fine.

I run 5881s in my V55HD, so they are biased a bit lower to around 37mA. But ideally 6L6X should be 40+mA!
__________________

You Wanted the BEST, You GOT the BEST, You KNOW the Rest...

http://beaverrecords.com/forum please join our newest music related forum on the net!
Axe-man69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #11864
Ticojpunk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe-man69
43mA is the correct setting for 6L6 valves with that circuit voltage @ 70% dissipation. But anywhere between 38-43 should be fine.

I run 5881s in my V55HD, so they are biased a bit lower to around 37mA. But ideally 6L6X should be 40+mA!


Thanks for the confirmation. Last night I set it to 43ma and it sounds pretty awesome.

It's strange, because the instruction sheet a Eurotubes sends with their bias probe lists 6L6 tubes as 25W, and not 30W. Even though the specs on the JJ 6L6GC clearly list it predictably as 30W. That discrepancy may be why they recommend a slightly lower setting. Not sure. Weird though, because I know those guys know their stuff.

Last edited by Ticojpunk : 02-09-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Ticojpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:20 AM   #11865
Axe-man69
UG Board King
 
Axe-man69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne , AU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticojpunk
Thanks for the confirmation. Last night I set it to 43ma and it sounds pretty awesome.

It's strange, because the instruction sheet a Eurotubes sends with their bias probe lists 6L6 tubes as 25W, and not 30W. Even though the specs on the JJ 6L6GC clearly list it predictably as 30W. That discrepancy may be why they recommend a slightly lower setting. Not sure. Weird though, because I know those guys know their stuff.


GLAD you liked it. Once you get it to around that current, she starts to sound pretty BROWN!
Kinda like a 70's Mesa Boogie imho!
__________________

You Wanted the BEST, You GOT the BEST, You KNOW the Rest...

http://beaverrecords.com/forum please join our newest music related forum on the net!
Axe-man69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #11866
Motocooney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Had a breakthrough and found a schematic for the 6262
It's exactly the same as the 5150II schematic.

I've done a bunch of mods and its sounds like a different amp. For the better.

No more fizz.

If anyone is interested I can post up links to the schematics and all the mods.

This thread seems kind of dead but if anyone else wants to have some fun with their 6260/6262.let me know.
Motocooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:11 PM   #11867
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son
 
dementiacaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Raleigh/Durham, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocooney
Had a breakthrough and found a schematic for the 6262
It's exactly the same as the 5150II schematic.

I've done a bunch of mods and its sounds like a different amp. For the better.

No more fizz.

If anyone is interested I can post up links to the schematics and all the mods.

This thread seems kind of dead but if anyone else wants to have some fun with their 6260/6262.let me know.


I don't have one anymore, but I used to have a 6260. If you have a way to record it, I would love to hear what you have done
__________________
I am one acquainted with the night.

Gear:
Randall RM100 (Recto and XTC modules)
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:51 AM   #11868
kazemaky
Registered User
 
kazemaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I'd be very interested since I own a 6262 infinium head
kazemaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #11869
Tenebrion
Registered User
 
Tenebrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocooney
Had a breakthrough and found a schematic for the 6262
It's exactly the same as the 5150II schematic.

I've done a bunch of mods and its sounds like a different amp. For the better.

No more fizz.

If anyone is interested I can post up links to the schematics and all the mods.

This thread seems kind of dead but if anyone else wants to have some fun with their 6260/6262.let me know.

Lol, so that means that tube layout is the same as the 6505+ that is equal to the 6262 , awesome thank you for confirmed my suspicions.
__________________
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Tenebrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #11870
efjbdejong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Ok this seems to be the right place to ask.

I am EJ from the Netherlands.

Play guitar for 20 years or so. Done all kinds of stuff, ranging from hardrock to jazzrock.
Currently I have my own trio. We play jazzrock fusion. We do some songs from Mike Landau, cause I am a huge Landau freak.
I use now a Laney VC30 212 but am not satisfied with my sound. Of course I know it's a Vox Clone.
If I want to get more in the Landau ballpark I need something different.

That's where my question comes in.
Which bugera would get me closest to Landau's sound? A V22 or a V55?

Help is appreciated.

EJ
efjbdejong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #11871
Robbgnarly
Registered User
 
Robbgnarly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NSB, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by efjbdejong
Ok this seems to be the right place to ask.

I am EJ from the Netherlands.

Play guitar for 20 years or so. Done all kinds of stuff, ranging from hardrock to jazzrock.
Currently I have my own trio. We play jazzrock fusion. We do some songs from Mike Landau, cause I am a huge Landau freak.
I use now a Laney VC30 212 but am not satisfied with my sound. Of course I know it's a Vox Clone.
If I want to get more in the Landau ballpark I need something different.

That's where my question comes in.
Which bugera would get me closest to Landau's sound? A V22 or a V55?

Help is appreciated.

EJ

those are similar to a Vox ac15 and a Fender, kinda middle of the road. if you like them better8 then go for it. But I wouldn't trade your Vox for one.
__________________
2002 PRS CE22
197? Sanox Sound Creator LP clone (GFS Fat Pat)
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:17 AM   #11872
efjbdejong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
I don't have a Vox , I have laney. Quality sound wise is not like a real vox!!
efjbdejong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:18 AM   #11873
efjbdejong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Also I did come here for Bugera advice
efjbdejong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #11874
Robbgnarly
Registered User
 
Robbgnarly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NSB, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by efjbdejong
Also I did come here for Bugera advice

Well my advise is keep your laney and forget about Bugera unless you just want another amp. The V55 deff has better features than the V22 and will stay cleaner for longer. If you can try them out, I suggest you do first.
__________________
2002 PRS CE22
197? Sanox Sound Creator LP clone (GFS Fat Pat)
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #11875
marko.n7sr1
Registered User
 
marko.n7sr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hi guys. I have question. I have Bugera V22 coming in on thursday. Used, 1 year old. I want to make custom 1x12 cab if I can use the stock speaker with the cab. Is that possible with this amp? If not I'll get 2x12 but this is much cheaper and more practic option. I was thinking of getting Celestion G12H 55Hz because it has better low end freqs which stock speaker has a little problem with. So I'm kind of sure it would sound awesome in combination. Maybe after some time try to borrow another same speaker from a friend and put it in amp and see what that's like. But my main question is, can I use stock + 1x12 at the same time?

Thank you guys in advance.
marko.n7sr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM   #11876
Robbgnarly
Registered User
 
Robbgnarly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NSB, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko.n7sr1
Hi guys. I have question. I have Bugera V22 coming in on thursday. Used, 1 year old. I want to make custom 1x12 cab if I can use the stock speaker with the cab. Is that possible with this amp? If not I'll get 2x12 but this is much cheaper and more practic option. I was thinking of getting Celestion G12H 55Hz because it has better low end freqs which stock speaker has a little problem with. So I'm kind of sure it would sound awesome in combination. Maybe after some time try to borrow another same speaker from a friend and put it in amp and see what that's like. But my main question is, can I use stock + 1x12 at the same time?

Thank you guys in advance.

I'd go with a G12h30 in the combo and a Classic Lead 80 in a sealed cab for added bass response (which the V22 is a little thin on the bass)
__________________
2002 PRS CE22
197? Sanox Sound Creator LP clone (GFS Fat Pat)
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:21 AM   #11877
Tenebrion
Registered User
 
Tenebrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I think the V55 is a great option for Jazz, a few days ago I recommend the same amplifier to my cousin because his fender mustang 1x12 its not cutting it from him anymore so I looked into it and the V55 its great sounding amp. it makes Fender stratocaster sound big and powerful even Squier stratocaster! why the people on this thread are not supporting Bugera?
__________________
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass

Last edited by Tenebrion : Today at 07:24 AM.
Tenebrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:30 AM   #11878
Robbgnarly
Registered User
 
Robbgnarly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NSB, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebrion
I think the V55 is a great option for Jazz, a few days ago I recommend the same amplifier to my cousin because his fender mustang 1x12 its not cutting it from him anymore so I looked into it and the V55 its great sounding amp. it makes Fender stratocaster sound big and powerful even Squier stratocaster! why the people on this thread are not supporting Bugera?

they sound good, but have very spotty QC. That is why I rarely recommend anything Bugera. I owned one for years and it was always in the shop for something stupid related to quality control at least once a year
__________________
2002 PRS CE22
197? Sanox Sound Creator LP clone (GFS Fat Pat)
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:12 PM   #11879
Tenebrion
Registered User
 
Tenebrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
they sound good, but have very spotty QC. That is why I rarely recommend anything Bugera. I owned one for years and it was always in the shop for something stupid related to quality control at least once a year

well mine hasn't being in the shop like never since I fixed it myself they work for me so I support Bugera and recommend it.
__________________
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Tenebrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.