Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-13-2015, 07:05 PM   #7981
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

*psssst!*

It's probably some maple he slow-cooked in one of his Webers...

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:10 PM   #7982
gregs1020
Hi mom!

^ got three pork loins going right now danny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
i was gonna say greg, thats some of the nicest rosewood ive seen in a long time. hows it feel? harder or softer kinda rosewood?

now that i used a little fast fret on it to clean it, it feels nice and soft(er). it was pretty dry out of the box. but i agree, it's a nicer board than i expected for sure.

so ippon, if i were to want to buy a strat body.

where again?

if i've ever aspired for anything...
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:27 PM   #7983
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

I did a stracciatella soup as an appetizer/meal tonight- I doubled up on the soup, Dad's going soup & sandwich. Baking some chicken, too, but it won't be done for a while, yet.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #7984
Ippon
Amped

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020

now that i used a little fast fret on it to clean it, it feels nice and soft(er). it was pretty dry out of the box. but i agree, it's a nicer board than i expected for sure.

where again?

Best Bang for the $$$, MIK Squier Pro Tone series, all models are made of Ash. Watch out for web specials from USACG. Musikraft does vintage correct specs and sometimes you can get lucky on eBay for silly prices.

Field Marshall 7 strings/ERG Amps!
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:24 AM   #7985
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

Chicken came out good.

I tossed some thighs & wings in a quick marinade of 14 Hands Pinot Grigio and Tabasco sauce, then sprinkled them with a little McCormack's garlic pepper mix and some paprika, plus just a tiny pat of butter. Baked at 350F for a while.

Came out quite tasty, but I DID make one technical error. I had the thighs & wings resting on a bed of sliced onions, garlic and mushrooms in casserole dishes. This was fine for the thighs, but I overcrowded my wing pan. Too much fat rendered off of them, so their undersides were more boiled/steamed than crispy baked.

Next time, I'm doing the wings on an edged cookie sheet with a small rack over it. That way, I still get the benefit of the drippings on the veggies below, but the bigger surface area and the elevation over the sheet will result in properly done wings.

Old 06-14-2015, 01:35 PM   #7986
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020

where again?

Nice, it looks like a comfy neck. Frets are lookin a little too medium for my taste, id be mad jelly and gassing hard if they were 6100. After scalloping my own fretboard on the frankenpartscaster i dont think i could do anything smaller than 6100 lol.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #7987
gregs1020
Hi mom!

Ace - the frets are okay. i do like 6100s but i'm okay with these so long as i can get it set up nice enough.

ippon - thanks - i hope they match up well but sometimes the mij bodies don't fit right from what i'm reading. so my aria body refinish may be in vain. although gordon may be doing a re-fret on the old aria neck so there's still hope for it. aaaaand i found a guy with a poplar 62 routed body in fiesta red nearby for $110. (he says it's poplar, i think it's alder) so if i have to, that should work.

danny - sounds like a good idea with the pan and wings. let me know how that works out. the pork came out great but i let the internal heat go a little higher than i should have. 178 i think. could have stopped a lot earlier but i'm okay so long as it isn't dry. these were only dry by the tips so that was good. basically, i got caught up with the strat body and flaked.

Last edited by gregs1020 : 06-14-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:28 PM   #7988
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

Quote:
danny - sounds like a good idea with the pan and wings. let me know how that works out.

I regularly send out my culinary adventures to my local friends who cook via email, including one who was a caterer. She thought my idea was good...then reminded me my Mom has a NuWave air-cooker that should be ideal for the task.

It may not have the capacity of the oven, but the wings should come out perfect: crispy, flavorful skin, seasoned on all sides. Should do likewise for the thighs.

Side note: also got my latest issue of Cook's Illustrated magazine (the publication from America's Test *******), and there is an recipe in it for Peri Peri chicken. Essentially this is an African/Asian fusion BBQ chicken. "Peri" is Swahili for "pepper", sooooo, yes- "Pepper Pepper" chicken is potentially hot.

Now, you can't easily get the same kind of pepper- which is apparently both hot and fruity- but they worked the recipe over to work with what you CAN get here.

If I get around to trying it, I WILL let you know. But I figured you're more of a griller than I am. See if YOU can find it!

Old 06-15-2015, 12:33 PM   #7989
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Most peri peri sauce is soft. That crap from Nando's is the worst offender, it's basically butter mixed with frank's.
Bitches be Crazy.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #7990
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

"Soft"?

Old 06-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #7991
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Soft as in not hot. Well no hotter than your basic tabasco or cayenne sauce. In fact it's been weak every time i've had it lol. Now im not one to enjoy pointlessly hot things, i do love spicy when it serves a taste purpose, but peri peri has been watered down into lamesauce.
Bitches be Crazy.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:51 PM   #7992
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

I've not had Peri Peri in any form, but it sounded tasty. So I want to try it...

Have you tried the original?

Old 06-15-2015, 05:17 PM   #7993
gregs1020
Hi mom!

so i got the headstock decal and the loaded pick guard sorted today.

progress via paypal!

now if it would just stop being so friggin' humid, i could finish the finish.
show

Old 06-15-2015, 07:02 PM   #7994
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
I've not had Peri Peri in any form, but it sounded tasty. So I want to try it...

Have you tried the original?

I dont know about the "original" as i dont know what the original would be lol, but i've had authentic peri peri sauce made by an old portuguese lady and it's fantastic. it really does depend on the pepper you use.
Bitches be Crazy.

Rate This Thread: