Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM   #10121
Ezuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyscoot
Watched Stand By Me because I felt like it. It's so timeless. Like it's set in the 50s but it feels like it's without a time period. It's a great movie.

Agreed. Timeless is exactly that: the film can be set/made in any time period but still be seen as a great and, more importantly, relevant film in any year or decade.

I'm about to snuggle in (with my pillow) and watch The Rover, though I'll most likely fall asleep.

Soon to be writing my first review for FILMINK Magazine soon (yays)... professional film criticism here I am.
Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM   #10122
seventh_angel
So-Called New-Age(d) Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyscoot
Watched Stand By Me because I felt like it. It's so timeless. Like it's set in the 50s but it feels like it's without a time period. It's a great movie.

Yes.
seventh_angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM   #10123
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezuma
Agreed. Timeless is exactly that: the film can be set/made in any time period but still be seen as a great and, more importantly, relevant film in any year or decade.

I'm about to snuggle in (with my pillow) and watch The Rover, though I'll most likely fall asleep.

Soon to be writing my first review for FILMINK Magazine soon (yays)... professional film criticism here I am.

Hey grats man, that's really cool. I tried to find a crit job so I could make ends meet when I'm not working but apparently it is not that easy.

I should probably try that again. Could be a lotta fun.

Speaking of, anyone in here know any Kael books I should get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
yeah russia is pretty shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicuh
This is extremely serious.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #10124
steve_muse
Never had this before

Just badk from a house party and currently preemtptively attacking a hangover with a pot noodle, thought you should all know
steve_muse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:09 AM   #10125
Ezuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
Hey grats man, that's really cool. I tried to find a crit job so I could make ends meet when I'm not working but apparently it is not that easy.

Yeah it was surprisingly easy for me, considering I randomly emailed one the biggest film magazines in Australia out of the blue asking for a writing gig. But that was a time when things were going right for me =/
Old Today, 03:26 AM   #10126
Baby Joel
silently leaving the room

Just want to say, for anyone here who hasn't seen Hannibal, you absolutely should. Mads Mikkelson is flawless, and some of the shots are just beautiful. It's really really high quality television.
Old Today, 06:28 AM   #10127
andyscoot
UG Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_muse
Just badk from a house party and currently preemtptively attacking a hangover with a pot noodle, thought you should all know

Water man. Life's elixer. I suppose theres water in a pot noodle though so you should be fine

Have the week off work (use it or lose it policy basically) so I plan on getting up early and watching at least two movies before noon. Watched Heathers and Mood Indigo. Both really good. I missed Mood Indigo on its release and I'm a big fan of Michel Gondry. Heathers, I don't know how popular it is but until last week I'd never heard of it. Very dark humour but great. Winona Ryder was a total fox.
andyscoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:38 AM   #10128
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat

I actually had a google search for Heathers open in an old tab, forgot why I was looking at it but I wanna see it.

Anyway the next two weeks I won't watch a single film probably. Just video game it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezuma
Yeah it was surprisingly easy for me, considering I randomly emailed one the biggest film magazines in Australia out of the blue asking for a writing gig. But that was a time when things were going right for me =/

I've actually stuck to lesser known publications but maybe I should go for the big fish.

I'm not really a good writer though, but definitely more knowledgeable about film that the morons who review stuff for Time Out Dubai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
yeah russia is pretty shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicuh
This is extremely serious.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:55 AM   #10129
seventh_angel
So-Called New-Age(d) Poet

I actually didn't like Moon Indigo. I thought it was very imaginative visually and pretty well done but that was it. I thought it was a mess in a not-good way.

I thought Heathers was just.. meh. It was alright; didn't do much for me. I have barely heard of it, but when I did, I saw it was highly regarded by most and that's what made me watch it.

Also, just a curiosity on that thing I was talking with Steve. English titles also change from foreign movies. Moon Indigo's original title is L'écume Des Jours, which means The Foam Of The Days. Curiously enough, in here it is A Espuma Dos Dias, which is the direct translation. But yeah, the same thing happens in English for foreign movies.
seventh_angel is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: