Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
MetalMullet

Guitar Rig 4 buzz and noise

Hey!

I have some troubles that drive me nuts so I could use some expert help on the issue. My setup is the following: A cheap Epiphone guitar plugged into an M-Audio USB Fast Track thingy, using Guitar Rig 4 as an amp simulator.

My problem is that I get a lot of weird noises from Guitar Rig. I'm trying to get achieve enough crunch in my sound, but every time I raise the gain I get this metallic buzz efter the palm muted notes. So I read that you can solve that through the parametric EQ, but it's just way too beyond my understanding. I've been playing around with it, but can't really improve the sound. Any ideas guys what I'm doing wrong? My goal is to get a decent crunch, but without the noise and buzz.

Thank you!
MetalMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Have you discussed this with Native Instruments customer support?
Old 03-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
MetalMullet

No, because I'm pretty sure it's just a setting problem. The buzz is not always there, only when I chunk the gain up which led me to the conclusion that I'm not doing something right.
MetalMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMullet
No, because I'm pretty sure it's just a setting problem. The buzz is not always there, only when I chunk the gain up which led me to the conclusion that I'm not doing something right.

Have you tried the noise gate?
Old 03-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
AJScott

This is a well known issue with hard tailed guitars. When using lots of gain and chugging/doing palm muted chords and stopping abrupty there will be a high pitch ring.

A noise gate will help somewhat, there are other solutions such as string dampeners. Look Jimmy Clips (I have some of these...They don't work) Gruv Gear Fret wraps are suppose to be pretty good.
AJScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
NIN1993
1# NIN fan on UG

Maybe try turning down the input knob on the M-audio interface
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
NIN1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: