User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 02:47 AM   #22041
BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Shinysides
wondering if I can get mine to sound like that. identical engine.

hmm....
The 2015's have a weird stock exhaust with a big two foot long chamber in the middle where as your car has a simple H pipe just behind the cats. I've heard of guys installing an X pipe in place of the 2014 stock H pipe and the car gets quieter. So that cross section can make a big difference. 2014's with Roush mufflers sound raspier than the car in the video.

Last edited by BobDetroit : Yesterday at 02:52 AM.
BobDetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:23 AM   #22042
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Lord
My impreza clutch engages in mid-travel, modern WRX's are pretty much the same but stiffer.
I drove my boss's STI and the engagement point was very unforgiving. Definitely a more difficult clutch compared to others.

Quote:
When you'll be daily driving you M235i, it won't take 2 weeks to be very comfortable with the car. Rev matching is something totally different though, most people won't ever even try. But oh is it fun

A lot of manual drivers aren't even aware of it. I showed my aunt (who drives a manual) the sim and did a lap, heel toed as usual. She was like "why do you do that??" Same thing with another friend who drives a manual Jetta.
I want to recognise your beauty's not just a mask
I want to exorcise the demons from your past
I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart

Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #22043
BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪

Quote:
My new life plan:

1-Get a better job
2-Stack money
3-Acquire 2015 Mustang GT
4-Acquire resonator delete and Roush axleback
5-Enjoy life like never before

What color do you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
To those who were crying/scoffing about me not getting the mechanical diff, here is a comprehensive review from an owner who tested the stock e-diff, M performance LSD, and a Quaife LSD:

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...78&postcount=26

suck it, bitches
Xiaoxi. You're just not getting it dude. Mechanical diffs feel different.

I had this exact same discussion with my friend before he ordered his e-diff 135is. (or whatever the hell BMW calls it) I heard it all from him Saw all the posts. Then he got the car and actually DROVE it. Seems now he's looking for a new car. Top priority being an LSD.

Last edited by BobDetroit : Yesterday at 12:31 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM   #22044
Lt. Shinysides
Perma'd

Quote:
Rev matching is something totally different though, most people won't ever even try. But oh is it fun

wait.... most people won't try rev matching? how the hell do they downshift?
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #22045
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
Quote:
wait.... most people won't try rev matching? how the hell do they downshift?

They just let off the gas, press the clutch, go down a gear, release the clutch slowly.

Such a boring and annoying way to drive...

Bob: 6MT Fastback GT, Black with Recaro cloth seats. I could go with magnetic grey as a second choice, but I'd rather have a mean and clean black car. I'd go the aftermarket route for wheels, as I'd do with almost any car.

Last edited by Good_Lord : Yesterday at 05:45 PM.
Good_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #22046
Lt. Shinysides
Perma'd

Quote:
They just let off the gas, press the clutch, go down a gear, release the clutch slowly.

I could go with magnetic grey as a second choice, but I'd rather have a mean and clean black car. I'd go the aftermarket route for wheels, as I'd do with almost any car.

that sounds like a great way to get whiplash. a rev match is so easy and smooth, what the hell is wrong with these people.

also, I can personally vouch for the grey looking INCREDIBLE in person. its more or less exactly the same as my "sterling grey", I went in looking for black too, but was won over by grey. everybody and their grandma is driving black and white cars, a metallic grey is just ever so slightly different and a lot nicer looking imo.
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #22047
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF

Sooo the plastic on my dash started to crack.... And I'm kind of sad.
DukeDeRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #22048
Somekid94
Dingus

Quote:
that sounds like a great way to get whiplash. a rev match is so easy and smooth, what the hell is wrong with these people.

also, I can personally vouch for the grey looking INCREDIBLE in person. its more or less exactly the same as my "sterling grey", I went in looking for black too, but was won over by grey. everybody and their grandma is driving black and white cars, a metallic grey is just ever so slightly different and a lot nicer looking imo.

Too many people have boring white, black or grey cars. Mine's a bright blue attention ***** and I love it.
Somekid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM   #22049
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
I chose black from internet pictures though ! I could easily go wild card and buy an orange Mustang after seeing it in person. The only two colors I wouldn't like are the ingot (Toyota) silver and Guard, which is a sad looking metallic greenish silver or something. I remember from the 2014 auto show in Quebec that the Ruby red was very nice in person, although a bit toyish.

Seriously, I tried to explain rev match to people who had been driving manual for over 20 years and I could've been more relevant to them if I spoke about a medusa alien illuminati conspiracy.

Last edited by Good_Lord : Yesterday at 09:14 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   #22050
BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪

I would guess most people simply don't downshift coming to a light or a stop sign. I think they just push in the clutch and roll up to it. The few times they do downshift they're so indecisive with the gear selection they have slowed down enough where they don't really need to rev match anyway.

Good Lord: Black is a good color on the new Mustangs but I like it with bright silver or dark metallic wheels best. The performance package comes with black wheels but it's just too much on a black car. The bright white cars are my least favorite but the special Wimbledon white, a retro cream color is my favorite color of all. I have cloth Recaros and I really like them a lot but be warned. The way they wrap around your head makes it hard to hear the stereo.
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #22051
Good_Lord
Rumble on

So you're trying to tell me Recaro's make it hard to hear a roush exhaust ?

I'll start gathering cash as soon as I start my new student job, was thinking at least a third of the MSRP ? I've never bought a new car, so I'm kind of clueless.

Last edited by Good_Lord : Yesterday at 09:42 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM   #22052
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94
Too many people have boring white, black or grey cars. Mine's a bright blue attention ***** and I love it.

Hey, I like white on cars.

I really would like a BRZ or GT86 in a phantom or midnight blue. But white seems like a classy color to me.

Also, I heel toe and rev match all the time just so I don't get rusty
DukeDeRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #22053
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDetroit
Xiaoxi. You're just not getting it dude. Mechanical diffs feel different.

I had this exact same discussion with my friend before he ordered his e-diff 135is. (or whatever the hell BMW calls it) I heard it all from him Saw all the posts. Then he got the car and actually DROVE it. Seems now he's looking for a new car. Top priority being an LSD.
So basically we have anecdotal evidence against other anecdotal evidence. Why is he getting a new car when a mechanical diff can be installed? Talk about overkill.

Listen, if I get to a point where the mechanical is worth it, everything will fall into place and it will work out, always an option down the road. Until then I respectfully disagree.

On color... I never thought I would ever own a white car, but my visual design gf made a good point. With the white car I can put on black trims for a pretty striking contrast. I can't wait to get the perfect 2-tone on my car right after I take delivery. Classy as fk.

My car is now at port Bremerhaven (BimmerHeaven ) waiting for a ship. Should be a couple coming around within the next few days. IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING????

Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM   #22054
SGstriker
Thanks for askin'...

I'm guilty of downshifting like a bitch. I've been meaning to do it the correct way with rev matching, but with all of the city driving I do, and all of the asshats I'm surrounded by that I have to watch out for, I can't be arsed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.
SGstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #22055
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

Quote:
I'll start gathering cash as soon as I start my new student job, was thinking at least a third of the MSRP ? I've never bought a new car, so I'm kind of clueless.

Well, I recently went through the process. While it generally went favorably, I still get hung up on all the little things I did wrong. As you get closer to the buy, let me know.

Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM   #22056
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Won't be until at least a year from now though, but I'll sure keep you guys in touch ! Not that it's 100% sure I'll be buying that car anyways, but it's interesting enough.

Last edited by Good_Lord : Yesterday at 10:40 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #22057
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

I suppose it couldn't hurt to start drilling these into your head...

- Determine the invoice price of your car (price that dealer pays from the manufacturer). truecar.com is a good place to start, and you should also research on the relevant forums on for your specific model. You want to shoot for as close to invoice as possible. Invoice + $500 is a good starting point. With this knowledge you can get a quote from a variety of dealers and have a better idea of what's a good deal.

- Make it clear and upfront to the dealer that you know what you're doing, and you know the car inside and out. You aren't buying shit except for the car itself. They will try to tack on things that appear to be "mandatory" (this is where I fucked up on), but stand your ground and do not be afraid to walk away.

- Similar to the above, make sure to let them know you are active on social media and have built your expertise from fellow enthusiasts. The last thing they want is to fuck around with someone who's going to shit on them all over Reddit or fan forums (see BMW of Monrovia, Nick Murray's dealings with Porsche).

- Make a list of all your concerns, finances, conditions, etc. They need to address these one by one.

- Do not go alone. Bring a friend who has experience with this.

- Some manufacturers have special delivery options. BMW has European Delivery in their HQ and Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina. These have LOWER invoice prices. If I picked ED, I could have likely knocked off another good $2-3K off the purchase price, closing in on almost 10% off MSRP. Unfortunately time was the limiting factor here. If you're going with Mustangs... not sure Ford has anything that elaborate lol but something to keep in mind.

Last edited by Xiaoxi : Yesterday at 10:53 PM.
Old Today, 03:17 AM   #22058
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94

Bright blue car friend!

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:37 AM   #22059
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Just bought a car today. 2008 Accord Ex-L coupe. It's not as vroomy as ya'll's cars, but I love it.
show

Also got a hell of a deal on it. $15000 even after tax and license. Only 34k miles on it.

Last edited by TheChaz : Today at 04:39 AM.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: