Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 12-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #21
stepchildusmc
Registered User
 
stepchildusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
i'd sell the guitar if i were you. my neighbor did the same on his strat and a Yeti popped out of his freezer and ate his chihuahua and got his goldfish pregnant. if you dont get rid of it....bad things man...bad things.
or nothing bad will come of it other than a few sneers as your walking down the street and those in "the know" see you. yep... you'll be "that guy".
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #22
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
 
Mephaphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepchildusmc
i'd sell the guitar if i were you. my neighbor did the same on his strat and a Yeti popped out of his freezer and ate his chihuahua and got his goldfish pregnant. if you dont get rid of it....bad things man...bad things.
or nothing bad will come of it other than a few sneers as your walking down the street and those in "the know" see you. yep... you'll be "that guy".


What he said.

Although I still don't get what we're talking about.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.


Mephaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #23
PsiGuy60
UG's Least Wanted
 
PsiGuy60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Netherlands
If it's really crooked the nut might wear down slightly faster, or the string tree if that's the last contact point.

If the tuning pegs are lined up correctly (as in the strings are perfectly straight if put on properly), you'll probably wear the strings down before it leaves any significant damage. Don't worry about it.
__________________
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Last edited by PsiGuy60 : 12-21-2012 at 02:47 PM.
PsiGuy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #24
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!
 
Huge Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephaphil
What he said.

Although I still don't get what we're talking about.


I think the OP put the strings around the tuning pegs backwards.
Huge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #25
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
 
Mephaphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Guy
I think the OP put the strings around the tuning pegs backwards.


I'm kidding
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.


Mephaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #26
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!
 
Huge Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephaphil
I'm kidding


Sarcasm detector on this brower must be disabled.
Huge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #27
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
 
Mephaphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
My browser has a plugin that plays this if I've missed something.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.



Last edited by Mephaphil : 12-21-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Mephaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.