Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #21
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

@campster:
Get the Scarlett 2i4. Someone already suggested it, and there's a damn good reason for suggesting that. It's the best quality audio interface for less than $500. You could probably buy a used or refurbished one on eBay for $100.

Or you could buy it new for less than $200.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #22
Artemis Entreri
Panned

Hm. I've never had a problem with the audiobox. I use a mac, so it could very well be buggy with a PC but the one I had for mobile/live stuff before I got a duet never failed me once. It was a bit sterile though.

The focusrite scarlett 2i2 is probably the most overly recommended interface on this site. That's not without reason though, it's pretty good for the price! I think it sounds negligibly better than the audiobox but it's got some nice features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
@campster:
Get the Scarlett 2i4. Someone already suggested it, and there's a damn good reason for suggesting that. It's the best quality audio interface for less than $500. You could probably buy a used or refurbished one on eBay for $100.

Or you could buy it new for less than $200.

Used apogee duet, Motu 4pre. No. There are better interfaces by far. FOR 200 dollars? It's the best I've played around with.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712

Last edited by Artemis Entreri : 03-19-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Artemis Entreri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #23
chatterbox272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis Entreri
Hm. I've never had a problem with the audiobox. I use a mac, so it could very well be buggy with a PC but the one I had for mobile/live stuff before I got a duet never failed me once. It was a bit sterile though.

The focusrite scarlett 2i2 is probably the most overly recommended interface on this site. That's not without reason though, it's pretty good for the price! I think it sounds negligibly better than the audiobox but it's got some nice features.

The problems with the Audiobox typically stem from driver issues, which is more a Windows problem. Also we generally steer clear of the 2i2, it doesn't like instrument DIs and lacks a pad so it clips on nothing.
Masquerade: #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Caboose
Time isn't made out of lines, it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round.
chatterbox272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #24
Artemis Entreri
Panned

I guess it depends on what you're using it for. Which is why it's good that you say that. I use mics basically 100% of the time so the DI doesn't mean much to me. I've also had to use a pad for recording probably once in the last 2 years so I generally don't care.

EDIT: Whoops I meant the 2i4 anyway since that's what I've used.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712

Last edited by Artemis Entreri : 03-19-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Artemis Entreri is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: