Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #21
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

the heritage greenbacks are rated at 20w and have 96db sensitivity too

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:30 AM   #22
Airfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
the heritage greenbacks are rated at 20w and have 96db sensitivity too

so itīs heritage greenbacks, not ordinary greenbacks.... ok, got it, thanx.
Airfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 AM   #23
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

yeah i think so. I haven't tried either, though, just going by what I've read.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #24
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfish
I know they are based on the Greenbacks, but I guess they must have modified the originals technically, beside just gluing a fancy EVH sticker on the magnet.... the sensitivity is 96 dB instead of 98dB, its 20W instead of 25W....

first off, i didn't buy the speakers, they came with the cab, so i never would have mixed V30's with something that has a lower sensitivity to that degree.

pretty much green back maybe a little bit balsy on the mids, but i don't have greenbacks now so not anything to directly compare to.

keep in mind that even if you had a quad of EVH's you wouln't be able to handle more than 80 watts, on a 2x12" 40 watts. all i would be able to run into them at that wattage of mine would be the dual terror, 18 watter, and thats it. with a quad (which i only have two) you still couldn't run a 100 watt head, if i had a quad i would run it with my JTM45, sovtek MIG.

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #25
Airfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashedlostfdup
first off, i didn't buy the speakers, they came with the cab, so i never would have mixed V30's with something that has a lower sensitivity to that degree.

pretty much green back maybe a little bit balsy on the mids, but i don't have greenbacks now so not anything to directly compare to.

keep in mind that even if you had a quad of EVH's you wouln't be able to handle more than 80 watts, on a 2x12" 40 watts. all i would be able to run into them at that wattage of mine would be the dual terror, 18 watter, and thats it. with a quad (which i only have two) you still couldn't run a 100 watt head, if i had a quad i would run it with my JTM45, sovtek MIG.

Thanx for reminding me. But as I wrote, my case is all about 112 cabs, and all about the 5-watt Blackstar. Even if I decide to buy the 20-watt Blackstar, it should still be OK, as I would hardly ever dime that thing, at home or during a moderately violent garage jam with friends....
Airfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: