Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
Filon1cus

Record during rehearsals studio

Hey people! I would like some advice about this matter:

I'm interested to buy a audio recorder to use during studio rehearsals and gigs.
Most of the recorders I find are voice recorders and, if used during such gigs (we play metal), there is a lot of noise and it's almost impossible to understand whatever we are playing (kinda similar when we try to record with mobile phone encrusted microphone).

Anyone have any experience in this field that could recommend any recorder that have a good sound quality during recordings with high sound level and several instruments playing (please not above 150$ X) ) that could help us out?

Thank you in advance!
Filon1cus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
Cajundaddy

This is what I use most often. It's butt simple and sounds great once you set your levels. The rehearsal tracks on my page were all live Zoom recordings just to see where we are and what is missing. Mix is very dependent on placement :
http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-Handy-Po...r/dp/B003QKBVYK
Old 06-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
Filon1cus

I've seen that one when I was doing my research, it was a clear option and it was nice to listen what you recorded with it, sounds awesome! The only problem with that specific product is that where I live the price is a bit too high... and ship it from another country won't solve the problem (my hope is to find a good option that I can buy from used, since that'll drop the price down enough for my wallet). But thank you, a lot! keep the good job making art!
Filon1cus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: