Dokes 2 3.77%
The Skinner 1 1.89%
The Trinity Killer- Arthur Mitchell 34 64.15%
Other 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2014, 02:37 AM   #381
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $

That's funny this thread got bumped. I just started watching season 2 for the 3RD TIME. Its so god damn good though. It's actually like an addiction now, whenever I'm feeling shitty I put it on and instantly feel good.

chev311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:39 AM   #382
whywefight
goddam right ill be heard

Seasons 2 might just be my favorite.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:41 AM   #383
chev311e

Lundy is my fav

Old 03-30-2014, 03:46 AM   #384
whywefight
goddam right ill be heard

Lundy's a total pimp
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #385
Gaz_m2k5
How appropriate.

I just finished watching the final episode.

Season 1 - Strong intro. The whole "Dexter's origins" thing may have had a better impact as a later season, but maybe necessary to get the show there in the first place.

Season 2 - Great. Again though, too early. The whole manhunt for Dexter maybe came a bit too early, this idea would have been better as the final season.

Season 3 - Not that great. Villain (Miguel) was a bit weak.

Season 4 - Easily the best. Great villain and massive impacts in a lot of episodes. Where Arthur Mitchell finds out who Dexter is, Thanksgiving scene, where you find out the Mitchell's outward happy appearance is a facade. All brilliant. And the ending was exactly what was needed. As the writer's knew, it couldn't have just ended with Dexter killing the villain and then onto the next season, something big and not happy had to happen, and it did.

Season 5 - Was alright but fell a bit flat. The whole disposable story line was a waste of time though. All this time developing the characters and then Lumen just decides she can't be bothered for no good reason and leaves. This season could have been omitted with no real impact to the over arching story.

Season 6 - I liked this season. It was a good reveal when you find out about the multiple personality disorder, but was a bit plot hole-y when suddenly the personalities merge and what's his face is now the evil one and the professor personality is gone.

Season 7 - Started with promise, but was kinda boring. Nothing much happened. It felt like they were just coasting through, introducing Hannah and looking like they were clearly just introducing her for a happy ending for Dexter.

Season 8 - Again, started with promise but didn't deliver. Coasted through again, drifting from story to story with no real big impacts.

First Deb hates Dex but that is resolved half way through for no good reason. Deb hates Hannah but they basically become friends for no good reason half way through. Dexter get's an apprentice; it looks like he is forming a happy life but then he dies and is forgotten about 5 minutes later.

The main villian just kinda drifts in near the end of the season, doesn't really do anything major (miami metro don't even find out about him til the 2nd last episode).

And then comes the final episode; I heard it was bad. It's notoriously bad so I went into it knowing it wouldn't be good. I thought I knew what to expect, but my god was I wrong. It was so much worse.

I thought it would just be everything suddenly wrapping up for no reason (in Dexter fashion) and then a happy ending with no real impacts again.

Instead, Deb gets shot and is fine, and for then suddenly becomes brain dead. The way that happened, even though Saxon shot her it was barely even him to blame. It was the doctors! Then they try to make her Dexter's final victim, but I don't even get it. And how the hell did he "kill" her, steal her from the hospital and dump her body without anyone noticing?!

Hannah's escape could have been a big "Hell yeah" moment, but the injection into Elway's leg was just a bit meh.

And then finally Dex decides he is too evil to be around anyone, so commits suicide. Kinda half-expected that the anti-hero might die at the end, but the whole Saxon bit revealed that he didn't need to kill any more, so why did he decide he had to be away from his family? That made no sense.

That would have been a bad ending on it's own, but then they went next ****ing level with the last scene. It turns out he faked his death (er... how?) and became a bloody lumber jack, and was just unhappy. Such meh! It would have been better if they did a cheesey ending where he just meets Hannah and Harrison and lives happily ever after. Bad but much better than what happened.

As a parallel, look at the ending to Breaking Bad:
breaking bad spoilers

But Dexter went neither route. They didn't end with a man-hunt that ended up with Dexter dying. They didn't show that he was too evil and had to die, and commited suicide. They didn't give him a generic happy ending.

They showed he was suddenly GOOD, had a family he truly loved, and then gave him a boring job somewhere without them where he was unhappy. Truly awful.

RAGEMUSEBLOCPARTYFEEDERQOTSA
SOUND CITYWARPAINTRX BANDITS
Gaz_m2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:53 PM   #386
chev311e

^agreed. actually funny enough i just finished up watching it again. i hadn't ever rewatched season 8 before on my previous re watches but since i was watching it with someone i had to watch it. and man, it was even worse than the first time i watched it. i think you summed it up nicely on why it was so bad though. really dissapointing that i have to look at this show basically in chunks because i think of it as my favorite show but then again how can it be my fav when i absolutely hated the ending?

Rate This Thread: