Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Classifieds > Musician Ads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-27-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
SGstriker
Someone will die...

Vocalist/Guitarist/bassist looking to collaborate online

I'm looking for some like-minded musicians to collaborate on writing some kickass, melodic hard rock/heavy metal tunes. I don't want to list any bands that influence me or vocalists or guitarists because I don't want this to necessarily be typecasted into sounding like a specific band. I just want to write and record with some fellow musicians who aren't deadset on one specific genre. Everyone around where I'm at is stuck in a one genre state of mind, and it's so stagnant.

If you're likeminded, hit me up. Ideally, I'm looking for a drummer and another guitar player, and maybe a bass player, though I have a bass and the capability to play it as well.

Seattle Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.
SGstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
itsonlyauser

im another guitarist wouldn't mind playing and talking to like minded individuals. Im a bit of a noob too how online band works however.
itsonlyauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #3
SGstriker
Someone will die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsonlyauser
im another guitarist wouldn't mind playing and talking to like minded individuals. Im a bit of a noob too how online band works however.

Well, I've never really considered online musical groups 'bands' so much as they are projects.

I've never done one myself, but from what I understand, you just bounce song ideas, riffs, rhythms, whatever back and forth between people and write music that way. Then, each individual records their parts and one single person does the mixing duties.

It's something I'm just looking to do for fun.

Seattle Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.
SGstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
itsonlyauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
Well, I've never really considered online musical groups 'bands' so much as they are projects.

I've never done one myself, but from what I understand, you just bounce song ideas, riffs, rhythms, whatever back and forth between people and write music that way. Then, each individual records their parts and one single person does the mixing duties.

It's something I'm just looking to do for fun.

Well my reasons for doing this is for fun and to have something to show to the bands im auditioning for. Im having an issue where i live in a part of my country where there is very little activity band and music wise so im trying to join a band in my capital.

But i wouldn't be doing it if i wasn't having fun and if your not comfortable using the material we make in such a way then I won't.

I have some riffs recorded just small snippets of medicore ideas I have nothing full.

If your up for it we can trade emails through "PM's"I actively use skype so if you have it you can call me their.
itsonlyauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
BassKitten

I play bass and I also have experience in mixing and production. Have a look at my ad for more info http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1611236
BassKitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: