Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  

Old 11-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: May 2009
Picking and hitting guitar at same time, what is it called?

In 0:37, he starts picking strings while hitting the body of the guitar with his right hand, what is this called and do you guys know any good video lessons on it? Sounds really nice but seems really hard at the same time.
artiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
Shallow and pedantic.
Zaphod_Beeblebr's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Behind a desk.
It doesn't have a name that I'm aware of, most people just refer to the style as a whole: "percussive guitar". Justin Sandercoe has a good lesson on it here: . It's not exactly the same thing but it should give you an idea of the basic principles at work so you can apply it to what Sungha and players like him do.

Also I would like to let it be known that if I'm after anyone else replying to this it's because I didn't want to stop the music playing on this page... this embedding thing has unexpected drawbacks
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Zaphod_Beeblebr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2016
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.