Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 04-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #41
T4D
20 guitars and counting..
 
T4D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Aussie in the UAE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatterbox272
offline bouncing. Reaper's had all that for ages, sounds like they're playing a little bit of catch up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixClaw
^^Well, you can have your offline bouncing and wait for that dumb thing to render for 5 min. I have better things to do with my time than sit there and wait for the project to render forever :p


Sorry but this is just negative BS.

OK if your a users of other DAWs,.. OK COOL that's TOTALLY fine,. it's an art form, ROCK HARD ! use what you like,. Pro tools is not better then anything thing else, if you find what your using to be the best suited to your style.

BUT you have to take on the full prospective of what Protools land IS ,... to understand what is coming in the 11 update and what it really means,.. ( in other words ...some of you sounds like Dumb ass's talking like the world is flat with what has been posted here...)

the real time Output thing is so SO... Yeah cool ,...but in some ways USELESS,. IF you use outboard gear in your recording setup/chains.

( some say WOW Reaper, Cubase, logic etc users We have had that already for years,.. WOW cool ) But maybe you did not know that that outboard gear meant ? sorry it all sound like a Asses farting Because it seems some do not even understand what outboard is or what it means to the final Audio chain ?
Go wave your flag ! YEAH your a winner

I can't be\leave listening to your final output of your WAV or MP3 in real time is a negative ?
when your job is to mix the BEST final output ?

VST plugins really ??,.. YEAH whatever,.. I know Reason ROCKS and mainly because they control ( far more then avid ) the plugins connected to it.

your trying to take it down Protoools by using a 2% issue..

But your missing so much of what protools is.

in some ways YES ,..Protool is behide the rest, ( sure I can hear that and agree many little things ) BUT there at so many other little issues that it's so far in front ,...it's only a PT user that can tell you the reason why they have not moving to Logic or Cubase OR sonar OR Live etc. so maybe some should think about it ..

protools is not a 100% winner for sure WE all want more from are software ,. But it's far more then most seem to portray..

Reaper VS Protools ..Please.................................. that just sad
__________________
Newest Tune
Last Album Album here too
I'm a 3D Artist still making tunes Joy4D Video Joy4D Site

I got Protools, Eleven Rack & lots of other stuff.

Last edited by T4D : 04-12-2013 at 06:04 AM.
T4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #42
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
I think the reason most people around here aren't gonna listen to you is because you make points by insulting everyone who has made an apposing point. It's something called "argumentum ad hominem" which weakens your argument to the point of non-existence.

As soon as you insult someone, they will not listen to you. I gave up by the fourth paragraph because you insisted on insulting people, despite the fact you made some good points up to that point.

Just an FYI. If you want to discuss, don't call people idiots.

Instead of "Lol you obviously don't know this" you can just easily say "Guys have you considered..." or "I think you may of missed the fact that..."

That way you don't come across like a massive dickbutt.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 04-11-2013 at 12:19 PM.
ChemicalFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #43
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
 
DisarmGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK
...aaaand I'm still glad T4D is on my ignore list... even if I did give him a chance by viewing that post, and what do I find? Same as the last time I clicked to view his blocked post and it was him insulting other users and acting like the greatest audio engineer ever.


All I'm gonna say to all that, is tone down your language towards others - just because I rarely read what you say, doesn't mean another user won't, and if they report you and it seems you deserve it... I will give you a warning, or ban you if it's deserving enough.

And who here mentioned outboard gear as a pro/con with the latest Pro Tools updates? How does the DAW you use even relate to outboard gear, other than the way you set up inputs and outputs from the DAW to your interfaces sends/returns? Obviously if you own outboard gear and want to use it on a mix, you should know you need to print those tracks by recording the return to the DAW on a separate track, or if you bounce in real time you can just let it run through with the return set up
__________________

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #44
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Who even said anything about Reaper in the first place? Or "hate on" Pro Tools?
__________________
If you're reading this, it means UG still has this, but not a :sam: smiley.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #45
T4D
20 guitars and counting..
 
T4D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Aussie in the UAE
Sorry some seem to say a negative to ONE of the Protools 11 Features is ......

NOT having to listen to the FINAL output as you save the final output File .. ? it has me confused??? the option to skip the preview listening is cool,. OK,.. BUT to use it as a Negative toward PT 11 ?
( I say NO,. it's a very Minor Features and Who cares it's silly to use it as a negative toward Protools 11 today when it's an improvement ,. SO F**k WHAT ,.. Yesterday I was not allow to drink beer,. today I can,. WHO cares..)

sure ( let's Say ALL DAW done it 3 years ago...) AND it's new to Protools!! But remember protools does HAVE TO cover a wider and more provide a working studio hardware infrastructure in a professional and solid manner,.. the Baking OF Data into a single file 150X faster then before ,. ..is a minor feature,... that is the point my trying to make? when your using outboard gear the Fast output option doesn't give you a Major positive ( unless you baking your data,.. And that's totally Different & additional workflow option , you could have done without this feature 3 years ago)

SO ( re-enforceing this minor feature ) as a Major negative is alittle Silly. ( YES sucked in I said it, YOUR silly if your using this Point TO ATTACK the Protools 11 )

as for VST plugins .well I Covered that . more support would be good I would love to see that but there are other issues and to be honestly I Don't have the enough technical knowledge to comment on. AAE ( maybe apart from Gary ) but the rest are just students who have lots of opinions but no real working knowledge.


I am totally in the Camp of Protool is NOT prefect and needs more improvement. and other DAW have somewhat better in Features A,B,C and or workflows X,Y, Z. ??? but where Protools is in the industry right now shows it's doing afew things right.. ( That maybe some here do not see or understand that ??? )


but HEY to me Haters are attacking Minor issues in the PT 11 update ( skipping the major features) to make themselves feel better about what they have chosen DAW. (OK that's fine ) but just be honest.. ( it makes no different What tool you use to Capture your art form)

but let us just be honest about the tool that MANY different Corporates are trying to make us spend money on.

Tho it seems,... because I disagree,.. I'm a tool ? .. OK I'm a tool,.. and because I'm not one of the cool kids FU all..
__________________
Newest Tune
Last Album Album here too
I'm a 3D Artist still making tunes Joy4D Video Joy4D Site

I got Protools, Eleven Rack & lots of other stuff.
T4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #46
Xiaoxi
Indeed.
 
Xiaoxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bodymore, Murdaland
I'm running Pro Tools right now for a MASSIVE sample library session. I guarantee you (cough Cavalcade cough ), anything other than PT would be hell (well, more hell than it already is).
__________________
"Man, modes 'n' scales ain't got no users, only abusers." - X.X. Little

Analyzing Brahms: Insights to Help Us Improve Our Music

My New Workstation
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #47
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4D
Tho it seems,... because I disagree,.. I'm a tool ? .. OK I'm a tool,.. and because I'm not one of the cool kids FU all..


No. You're a tool because you insult everyone and now you're acting like some kind of victim... which you're not. We've pointed out your typing is pointlessly aggressive and now you're claiming we're attacking you because you have a different opinion... which we didn't. You're creating fictions inside your head dude, chill out.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 04-11-2013 at 04:30 PM.
ChemicalFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #48
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I'm running Pro Tools right now for a MASSIVE sample library session. I guarantee you (cough Cavalcade cough ), anything other than PT would be hell (well, more hell than it already is).

Depends more on the sampler being used, innit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're creating fictions inside your head dude, chill out.

I'd say sleep-deprivation-induced hallucinations. Just go to bed, T4D.
__________________
If you're reading this, it means UG still has this, but not a :sam: smiley.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #49
Xiaoxi
Indeed.
 
Xiaoxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bodymore, Murdaland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Depends more on the sampler being used, innit?



oh I think I understand what you mean. No, I'm not USING sample libraries. I'm CREATING one. I'm not allowed to give any details beyond that.
__________________
"Man, modes 'n' scales ain't got no users, only abusers." - X.X. Little

Analyzing Brahms: Insights to Help Us Improve Our Music

My New Workstation

Last edited by Xiaoxi : 04-11-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #50
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi


I don't see why having a big sample library wouldn't suck in every daw? What makes pro-tools better at it?

I mean I suppose the RTAS thing means that PT plugs are more stable and probably more efficient, which I get... but it can't be THAT much better?
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #51
Xiaoxi
Indeed.
 
Xiaoxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bodymore, Murdaland
^see edit
__________________
"Man, modes 'n' scales ain't got no users, only abusers." - X.X. Little

Analyzing Brahms: Insights to Help Us Improve Our Music

My New Workstation
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:03 AM   #52
chatterbox272
Registered User
 
chatterbox272's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4D
but where Protools is in the industry right now shows it's doing afew things right.. ( That maybe some here do not see or understand that ??? )

No, where it is in the industry shows it did a few things right at some point in it's existence. Just like Windows did a few things right once and still has huge market shares regardless of the countless screw ups it's made in the past decade. There was a time where nothing could compete with Pro Tools, that time is gone now and the only reason it's still as popular as it is is the weight of the name.
I'm not denying there's probably things it does better than other DAWs, but there is definitely things it does worse too so they're all pretty much equal IMO.


Quote:
Originally Posted by T4D
Tho it seems,... because I disagree,.. I'm a tool ? .. OK I'm a tool,.. and because I'm not one of the cool kids FU all..

No you're a tool because you come here, treat us like we're 12 and you've had 100 years experience producing the best bands ever to grace the earth, and then get all defensive when we point out you're being a dick. Also because whilst doing all this you struggle to form proper sentences and you talk like your average 12y/o internet troll (and I'm pretty sure if your location is correct then English would be your first language).
I mean sarcastically calling us the "cool kids" and saying FU is pretty immature and makes you sound like a dick.
__________________
Masquerade: #19


Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Caboose
Time isn't made out of lines, it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round.
chatterbox272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #53
strangedogs
An Old Dude with an AX...
 
strangedogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Florida
Once I started running Pro Tools 10.3 on my new Mac (in December) I basically "shelved" all my VST's (& I had a lot too) and went to Rtas & aax. No regrets here - IMO Pro Tools RULZ! My 11 Rack is amazing too.
__________________
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
strangedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #54
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick
 
lockwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lynnwood, WA
I think this thread sums up a lot of what is wrong with this board. A civilized debate about the newest version of Pro Tools turns into a flame war...
__________________
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
lockwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #55
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Things were going fine till T4D decided he wanted to be centre of attention.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #56
roaraudio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
i read t4d's post for a bit.. Until it was like
"all guys u ar. so stupid. pt good"
So.. first sentance

Last edited by roaraudio : 04-13-2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: coz
roaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #57
MatrixClaw
UG God
 
MatrixClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Climbin In Yo Window, Snatchin Yo People Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Things were going fine till T4D decided he wanted to be centre of attention.

+1.

Most of the comments on the new features were very positive. Funny that he says my comment is BS, when I was the one defending PT, even though I personally dislike its workflow... Not sure what he's on about
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.





www.SanctityStudios.com
MatrixClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #58
Bigbazz
Registered User
 
Bigbazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
This is turning into an "Industry Standard" lol type of thread.
__________________
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
Marshall 1960A
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Fender Stratocaster x3 (2 of them built from bits and pieces!)
Bigbazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #59
roaraudio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixClaw
I personally dislike its workflow...

What is it about the Pro Tools flow don't you like ?
I find it heaps efficient after learning a new hotkey (hotkeys are like god) haha.
roaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #60
MatrixClaw
UG God
 
MatrixClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Climbin In Yo Window, Snatchin Yo People Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaraudio
What is it about the Pro Tools flow don't you like ?
I find it heaps efficient after learning a new hotkey (hotkeys are like god) haha.

It's completely different from every other DAW I've ever used, so it's counter-intuitive to the workflow I've developed using Reaper, Cubase and Logic

I'm sure I will eventually be efficient with it (there ARE several things that PT does amazingly well, so I'd love to learn more), but to sit down and learn it means that I actually have to have time to be able to sit down and learn it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.





www.SanctityStudios.com
MatrixClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.