▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #642
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
nah, better program than ryerson's

some dude that talks to himself on the bus?

Florida Panthers 2014-2015
2 - 2 - 0
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #643
Godsmack_IV
UG's only degenerate

Year 4 of my compsci degree is starting to look completely meaningless in terms of educational value. Seems like the course offerings just got padded on to meet degree requirements. Shouldn't be all too surprised though. Can't really go too deep into real compsci whe you strip all the math requirements from the program.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:07 AM   #644
Weaponized

If I take 2 classes in the summer and do some "internship for credit" thing next semester + 4 classes I can graduate in the spring I did all my major requirements already too so I can take all electives

3 years and done at age 20 time 2 live my life

last.fm
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #645
ManInTheBox14
In lesbians with you

I realized the other night that if I do 18 credit hours each semester for the next 3 semesters I can graduate after my sophomore year. But I'm not gonna do that cause it'd be miserable.

I'm dying.
-Is it blissful?
It's like a dream.
-I want to dream.

Blog I Write For
ManInTheBox14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:46 AM   #646
arcanom

Just picked up my first semester courses and sections. Got no work to do on friday and only 2 hours of lecture on wednesday. Also 4 hour break between two classes on monday and thursday so I can go to gym inbetween. Pretty happy with my schedule.
arcanom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #647
CrossBack7
Swag Bot

Anybody else just start a grad program within the last few months? Ph.D? Masters, M.B.A, etc?

If so, what for? Where at? Why did you choose to go one step further with your education? How's it going so far, do you enjoy it, etc?

I'm about 3 months into a Ph.D program for molecular genetics & genomics at Washington University in St. Louis. Was pretty amped to get accepted here, and the transition to a new city hasn't been too bad. I haven't even gotten shot or anything yet. Almost made it 2 months before my car got broken into as well, so all in all, going well.

Anyway, I need a Ph.D to do much high level research, which is my ultimate goal. It's also a necessity to be a tenure-track professor at a university, if I decide to go that route. Cancer genetics is where my interests lie, and I've been trying to get exposed to different types as I do my research rotations. Classes are pretty meh, but as the first round of exams are coming up, I'll probably spend the weekend cramming. The research here is top notch though, and I've been quite happy with my experience so far. It's kind of a strange transition, as you have a lot of freedom to screw up as a grad student. It's liberating in a way, but a big change from my previous undergraduate experience where there was always someone kind of guiding my hand.

Long hours a lot, but I've generally not minded, as I knew what I was getting into and have picked my labs carefully thus far.

Anyway, who else is enduring the grad school grind here?

Rate This Thread: