Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-16-2015, 08:19 AM   #3901
dannyr2078

Just want to know if this is possible, I'm thinking of inlaying a inch by inch and a half badge just behing my bridge saddles. It's on a squire strat that's a few years old. If I were to try it, how would I go about it, and what might go wrong?
dannyr2078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:49 PM   #3902
Sunfist

Could anybody tell me approx how much it would cost to have a Strat body repaired (mostly just repainted). A friend has one he is trying to sell me and it fell over in his van one day and has an area a little bigger than a quarter on the top edge of the body with the paint chipped off. The wood under it looks like it was hardly damaged at all. Would they be able to just sand down that small area and repaint it or would the whole body need to be redone? I am assuming the same place that repairs the electronics and other hardware could do this also? What kind of paint do they use on guitar bodies? I might try to do it myself unless it requires special tools or paint.
Sunfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:37 PM   #3903
Sackofwee

Hello, I'm thinking of cutting my own unique guitar body. I was going to take apart a Squier Strat, and put the neck and all the components and put them pretty much exactly as they were on my own shape. I have a few questions:

Have you ever tried anything similar?
Is there anything I should know beforehand as I have never made a guitar before?
Would Beech work as a guitar blank?

Thanks for reading.
Sackofwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:11 AM   #3904
Extra Crunchy

Hi, I've bought an old body and neck which (after some researching) seems to belong to an old Sakai guitar. It's a cheap Japanese brand of like catalogue guitars. I also got a single coil pickup with the pieces.
I was wondering if there is any need to add volume and tone knobs/capacitors to the circuit or could I just go without, like Mac Demarco's 'frankenstein' guitar?

Thanks
Extra Crunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:03 PM   #3905
ThePIGI_King
I'm Lovin' It

Was wondering if anybody could guide me in the ways of using electrical tape as binding on the body. I vaguely remember seeing it done by someone, but can't find anything about it anymore. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks all!
B.C. Rich KK Warlock
No-Name Acoustic
ThePIGI_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #3906
gratefulduck
Lies Beautiful Lies

tiny preamp for a cigar box uke? wanna put in a piezo, but i hear you cant wire a tone knob to it, and all the preamps ive seen are a bit large for what i have to work with.
(must be piezo, nylon strings*)
gratefulduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: