Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #481
gumbilicious
beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ead
I'm just kidding/frustrated about tossing it lol.. I'm always up for DIY fixes, but when it comes to something as valuable and dangerous as this , I'm just gonna take it to a tech. But I am kinda curious.. and here's a crazy uninformed question.. would it be damaging or dangerous to remove the tubes, put it in standby and replace one at at time to try isolate it?

it would not be advisable. you are kinda doing the same thing by touching them with a pencil. if the tube was vibrating then when you touch it with a pencil it would either stop or the sound would significantly change while you were holding the pencil on it. so i don't see much benefit in pulling the tubes.

i am a bit unsure if you would actually damage anything though. i wouldn't be too concerned about removing the preamp tubes, but i am not sure about the power amp tubes.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:10 AM   #482
red444

Im new to all this and had a few questions about heads and speakers/cabs. Ive been researching online and on YouTube and ive found that for the sound and tone i want is a peavey 6505 head and the Orange closed back cab 212. I aslo have a washburn xm with the floyd rose special. So the sounds im trying to get is is anywhere from classic rock to metal chunky stuff. I also enjoy my acoustic guitar i have a wide range of music i enjoy. But my question is would that cab and that head get me what i want? And also wich speakers would give me that fat chunky squaling tones to the bluesy southern rock/ pink floyd range? Thanks
red444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:06 AM   #483
Ragnorak6000

I have to replace the holder block on my Ibanez Edge zero tremolo, now I'm just wondering there seems to be a lot of holder blocks with different names out there, are they all the same? Would it work if I picked up a edge II holder block because I cant seem to locate an edge zero block anywhere! Or should I just look into getting a new saddle?

Last edited by Ragnorak6000 : Today at 10:09 AM.
Ragnorak6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #484
Spambot_2
Name's Luca

Quote:
Originally Posted by red444
Im new to all this and had a few questions about heads and speakers/cabs. Ive been researching online and on YouTube and ive found that for the sound and tone i want is a peavey 6505 head and the Orange closed back cab 212.
Now go to a music store and try them - that's the only way to know if they do sound like what you want.
Quote:
But my question is would that cab and that head get me what i want? And also wich speakers would give me that fat chunky squaling tones to the bluesy southern rock/ pink floyd range? Thanks
Probably.
Eminence v12 or WGS v30 maybe?
Old Today, 11:34 AM   #485
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
Im new to all this and had a few questions about heads and speakers/cabs. Ive been researching online and on YouTube and ive found that for the sound and tone i want is a peavey 6505 head and the Orange closed back cab 212. I aslo have a washburn xm with the floyd rose special. So the sounds im trying to get is is anywhere from classic rock to metal chunky stuff. I also enjoy my acoustic guitar i have a wide range of music i enjoy. But my question is would that cab and that head get me what i want? And also wich speakers would give me that fat chunky squaling tones to the bluesy southern rock/ pink floyd range? Thanks

a 6505 is going to be more aimed at those heavier tones. not a problem if that's what you mainly play. if you play a genuine 50:50 mixture, though, there might be better options. EDIT: same thing with the speakers, it depends on whether you want a genuine mix or if you mainly play one but occasionally want the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnorak6000
I have to replace the holder block on my Ibanez Edge zero tremolo, now I'm just wondering there seems to be a lot of holder blocks with different names out there, are they all the same? Would it work if I picked up a edge II holder block because I cant seem to locate an edge zero block anywhere! Or should I just look into getting a new saddle?

i'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but i imagine you need the right one. have you looked on ibanez rules? it has a list of all the parts and part numbers of ibanez parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: