Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #21
Dayn

Preparation.

With good preparation, you win before the battle starts. I don't think I could play something perfectly if someone came up to me and said 'play', either. But if they came up to me and asked me to play what I was practising for the past hour? No worries.

It's the same for any type of performance. You might be nervous to begin with, but if you've prepared a lot, once you get into the swing of things it should be automatic.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #22
BCKRedBaron
Registrar'd Loser

All of these are good suggestions, particularly Freepower and Dayn. Basically, what you could do is simply practice what you'll be playing to the point where you couldn't play it wrong. It's a lot of time and work, as most of your replies have said.

One other thing I can add from my experience. You may not be anything like me, and this might not be helpful, but I find that if I'm still nervous or uneasy about a performance after I've practiced as much as I need to, I need to check my gear. Sometimes something's wrong and it's in the back of my mind until I get it right. Other times nothing's wrong, I just need the assurance that nothing aside from myself is going to go wrong, or at least that my gear will be set.
Crybaby 535q - Boss DD20 - Boss CE20 - ISP Decimator - Legacy 4x12 - Peavey 112 - Mesa 112
BCKRedBaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: