Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: What is your stance on abortion?
Pro-Life 40 12.82%
Pro-Choice 229 73.40%
Pro-Catf*cking 43 13.78%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #241
willT08
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
The whole 'i bet you're glad your mom didn't abort you' is the worst argument for anything ever. Stop projecting your consciousness and experience onto a fetus. They are not tiny people with opinions, hopes, and experiences just waiting for the opportunity to grow up. It's just factually not true. Period.

It's as compelling an argument as "I bet you had a mother" is against homosexuality. Sadly I've seen a woman get clapped for spouting that.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #242
magnus_maximus
lord of the files

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
The whole 'i bet you're glad your mom didn't abort you' is the worst argument for anything ever. Stop projecting your consciousness and experience onto a fetus. They are not tiny people with opinions, hopes, and experiences just waiting for the opportunity to grow up. It's just factually not true. Period.

+ lots.

Is an egg sentient?
Is a morula sentient?
Is a blastocyst sentient?
Is a foetus the size of a baked bean sentient?

Of course not. Just because something has the potential of life does not in any way justify its right to life. Something which is alive has the right to life.

Conservatives just love ignoring personal responsibility when it comes to morality in lieu of sweeping authoritarianism, which is in direct opposition to their economic principles.

Apparently life yet-to-exist is worth more than the lives of poor people and soldiers.
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #243
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
It's as compelling an argument as "I bet you had a mother" is against homosexuality. Sadly I've seen a woman get clapped for spouting that.

She was black and mildly fat and on 'Big Question' or some similarly facile British show, on an episode where Richard Dawkins was a guest alongside the head of the gay rights movement in the UK.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #244
willT08
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
She was black and mildly fat and on 'Big Question' or some similarly facile British show, on an episode where Richard Dawkins was a guest alongside the head of the gay rights movement in the UK.

*places finger on nose*
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #245
c3powil
on a coconut estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
So you're pro-choice.

Not exactly. I don't believe that people should choose any other option besides letting the fetus live or go along it's natural course. However, since the subject is so controversial, and many other people have different beliefs, I don't believe that anyone has the right to stop them, should they chose abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOneOut
Ok. But please don't be one of those awful people outside of clinics who heckle and berate pregnant women and I trust that you genuinely do respect the choice of a woman when it comes to her body. Keep helping those kids bro, they need it.

Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmen190
So let me ask you my question - If you were in a burning building, and there were 30 fertilized and developing fetuses and one 3 month old baby, and you could only save one, you would save the fetuses?

I'd save the baby, but, given the opportunity, I would not let the fetuses burn.

Why save the baby instead of the fetuses? The baby can feel pain. It would have a horrible death. The fetuses would most likely die quickly and without pain.

Last edited by c3powil : 10-10-2012 at 05:22 PM.
c3powil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #246
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3powil
Not exactly. I don't believe that people should choose any other option besides letting the fetus live or go along it's natural course. However, since the subject is so controversial, and many other people have different beliefs, I don't believe that anyone has the right to stop them, should they chose abortion.

If you think that legally people should have the choice then you're pro-choice!
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #247
ThrashUnleashed
caught w/the wack calzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOneOut
Ok. But please don't be one of those awful people outside of clinics who heckle and berate pregnant women and I trust that you genuinely do respect the choice of a woman when it comes to her body. Keep helping those kids bro, they need it.

BUT THEY ALREADY HAVE FINGERNAILS
ThrashUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #248
Mudmen190
Galactic Bounthunterrrrrr

Quote:
I'd save the baby, but, given the opportunity, I would not let the fetuses burn.

Why save the baby instead of the fetuses? The baby can feel pain. It would have a horrible death. The fetuses would most likely die quickly and without pain.

Quote:
The example isn't to state that fetuses are garbage and absolutely worthless, but to demonstrate the urgency in deciding for life that already exists and is established.

What do you think about the sort of woman who would seek an abortion?

TIME CONSUMING

CONSUME ME

Mudmen190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #249
JimmyBanks6
Cant Steal Ma Santa Hat

Pro-choice

The world is already extremely overpopulated and is lacking enough resources to live our current modern lifestyle sustainably.

Forcing a mother to bring a child into this world, that they cannot support, when our world itself cannot support it, over some religious beliefs, is as ignorant as it gets.

Now attack my views if you disagree and I will try to defend them.

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
JimmyBanks6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #250
c3powil
on a coconut estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
If you think that legally people should have the choice then you're pro-choice!

I'm hesitant to don that title, because I don't think it accurately addresses how I feel. But I guess if you get into the most technical situation, then I suppose.

Quote:
What do you think about the sort of woman who would seek an abortion?

I don't think that women who get/have had abortions are bad. Some people act like women who have had abortions are monsters who don't give a *$#@ about kids and would go around killing babies all willy nilly, but those people are ignorant. A baby is something that impacts life so greatly that it's easy to see how someone would consider such a thing. Plus, being pregnant is such a social embarrassment when it comes to teenagers/single-people these days. Young pregnant girls are often looked at as scum of the earth, especially where I used to live (south Ga). Getting an abortion often seems like the only way out.

However, I have nothing but profound respect for the girls that choose to keep their pregnancies. I can't imagine how hard it would be.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #251
Niiko
Behemoth of cheese!

I'd feel seriously uncomfortable with taking away the potential for life which is why I'm not a fan of abortion unless it's life threatening, rape or something else that is absolutely necessary.

I wouldn't think highly of a woman who had multiple abortions or one that made a snap decision because it really isn't something to be taken lightly. Women have the ultimate choice considering it's their body, health and mental well-being at risk but it is a heavy decision to think over.
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Niiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #252
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niiko
I'd feel seriously uncomfortable with taking away the potential for life which is why I'm not a fan of abortion unless it's life threatening, rape or something else that is absolutely necessary.

I wouldn't think highly of a woman who had multiple abortions or one that made a snap decision because it really isn't something to be taken lightly. Women have the ultimate choice considering it's their body, health and mental well-being at risk but it is a heavy decision to think over.

So condoms, masturbation and women going a month without being pregnant are all bad in your opinion? They're all denying the potential for life.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #253
willT08
UG Addict

And seriously guys, if the potential for life is so important, why don't you push for legislation aimed at prosecuting women who don't seek immediate medical help at the first symptom of thyroid problems because not doing so may lead to a natural miscarriage?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #254
Mudmen190
Galactic Bounthunterrrrrr

And what about cancer? Those are living, human cells! Save the cancer!

Quote:
I don't think that women who get/have had abortions are bad. Some people act like women who have had abortions are monsters who don't give a *$#@ about kids and would go around killing babies all willy nilly, but those people are ignorant. A baby is something that impacts life so greatly that it's easy to see how someone would consider such a thing. Plus, being pregnant is such a social embarrassment when it comes to teenagers/single-people these days. Young pregnant girls are often looked at as scum of the earth, especially where I used to live (south Ga). Getting an abortion often seems like the only way out.

However, I have nothing but profound respect for the girls that choose to keep their pregnancies. I can't imagine how hard it would be.

Then you should be pro-choice. No one is asking you to like that abortions happen, that'd be absurd, but you're gaining an understanding that it's the best option, some of the time.

TIME CONSUMING

CONSUME ME

Last edited by Mudmen190 : 10-10-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Mudmen190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: