Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
axalgrave

Hello

Hey, I've always really wanted to learn how to play guitar but never got round to doing so. I've looked at a few of the lessons on this website but I have no idea where to start from. So I was wondering if someone knows where I can start learning from the complete beginning?
axalgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
Asmodeuz

Hey Axalgrave! I started out 20 days ago, i bought this kit along with a peavey vip amp.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/...zps117d8ad2.jpg

If I were you... I would get rock smith, Guitar Pro (for tabs and learning songs), those two have defently boosted my learning experience and instead of practiceing stuff i dont really care about (could be smoke on the water or London bridge is falling down for example).

Its just so much more fun when you practice stuff you like (or just sections within a song even), and if you have problems with a technique...well isolate it and grind it out. Currently im doing downpicking in 160bpm for 3 minutes everyday just to get the stamina and speed i need for a nice solid heavy rythm guitar player.

Oh yeah by the way rockongoodpeople have some nice lessons aswell.
Asmodeuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
axalgrave

I've been looking at Rocksmith so I'll go and give that a try sometime soon. I will take a look at Guitar pro and that youtube channel once I start, thanks.
axalgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:35 PM   #4
tscmga

Quote:
Originally Posted by axalgrave
Hey, I've always really wanted to learn how to play guitar but never got round to doing so. I've looked at a few of the lessons on this website but I have no idea where to start from. So I was wondering if someone knows where I can start learning from the complete beginning?

I am a beginner too.
If you want to learn guitar , just do something . Buy a cheap guitar (used) and a guitar book (borrow one from a library ), and practice .
I spend 11$ on a used guitar . Guitar is cheap , but your time is expensive.After a few hours , you will find out how to play a guitar , but it needs lots of practice . You need invest a lot of time on it . You need a real guitar to start .

I have a free iPhone/iPad app for guitar beginner . It is a virtual guitar , you can learn the basic of guitar , and feel the sound of chords . It is designed for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07dnMXNv_NE
App store link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gui...d816874885?mt=8
tscmga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
Fallenoath
My minds playin' tricks

Welcome to the forum!

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute
1999 Ibanez RG470 (MIJ)
Peavey 6505+
Egnater Tweaker 15 (Yeah, I tweak)
Fallenoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
sgomez8g
Banned

Welcome to the forum! In here you will definitely get all the knowledge you need to learn to play
sgomez8g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #7
claytonyoung

hi friends new to here but don't know so much about this forum so let me help..

coach tours new zealand

Last edited by claytonyoung : 03-31-2014 at 01:07 AM.
claytonyoung is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: