Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  

Old 06-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2013
What chord is this?

I guess this is a down side of being self taught but what is this chord called and what type of chord is this, it reminds me of a power chord in sound.
e|-------------------------- |
cemented_clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2011
That would be an F5 power chord. If you took that same shape and moved it down a string you would have to move that 6th fret back a fret (the entire chord would obviously change unless you moved to a different position, in this case playing it x81010xx would give you the same chord) to x355xx. It's the same shape as say 133xxx, it's just that you have to adjust because of how the B string is tuned.

Last edited by socrfb : 06-24-2013 at 08:57 PM.
socrfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
Registered User
KingDime666's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Detroit
It's dubstep minor in E.
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
KingDime666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 PM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2016
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.