User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-16-2014, 09:36 PM   #5601
Fisheth24
UG's only Dean user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetaxa
If it makes you feel any better about it, I've started calling Xmas Day "Who Day".

It would be nice to have JUST Who on Who Day. Ah well, most of this series was good, I suppose we have to have the odd "Forest of the Night" - but I AM still hoping the wonderful Mr Capaldi will make it watchable.

Capaldi saved the season due to mediocre scripting and a lot of storys that set up some solid idea's (Listen being my example) but ended up being a mediocre story as a whole.

Really wish we had more Deep Breath's and Into The Daleks, but that was just me
Fisheth24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #5602
Yetaxa
Queen of... something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheth24
Capaldi saved the season due to mediocre scripting and a lot of storys that set up some solid idea's (Listen being my example) but ended up being a mediocre story as a whole.

Really wish we had more Deep Breath's and Into The Daleks, but that was just me

You're not wrong - but for me there were a good few more decent stories in this series. "Mummy on the Orient Express", "Flatline" and "Dark Water" stand out for me but yes, Capaldi is the jewel in the crown. Long may he reside in that blue box. It takes talent to make shining moments from not-so-wonderful scripts like "Forest of the Night" and "Robot of Sherwood".
Yetaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #5603
Fisheth24
UG's only Dean user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetaxa
You're not wrong - but for me there were a good few more decent stories in this series. "Mummy on the Orient Express", "Flatline" and "Dark Water" stand out for me but yes, Capaldi is the jewel in the crown. Long may he reside in that blue box. It takes talent to make shining moments from not-so-wonderful scripts like "Forest of the Night" and "Robot of Sherwood".

I haven't seen Mummy or Flatline yet, but Dark Water was outstanding, only to be spoiled by the next one!

I liked Robot of Sherwood for what it was, also Ben Miller
Fisheth24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #5604
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?

Looking back, I'd have to say that Flatline, Mummy On the Orient Express, Dark Water and the first 90% of Listen are the crown jewels of the season, and Capaldi was definitely worthy to wear it. Deep Breath, Into the Dalek and Kill the Moon ended up being pretty meh upon reflection, and everything else was forgettable.
Magero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:26 AM   #5605
Yetaxa
Queen of... something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheth24
I haven't seen Mummy or Flatline yet, but Dark Water was outstanding, only to be spoiled by the next one!

I liked Robot of Sherwood for what it was, also Ben Miller

Is it just me but does Ben Miller in a beard have a startling look of Roger Delgado about him?

Before the Big Reveal at the end of the series, I was sure he'd be next to play the Master!
Yetaxa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: