Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 01:50 AM   #15181
ibanezguitars44

I just have my bassman haha. It'd be cool to also have a smaller combo so I wouldn't have to always use the big rig, but eh.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:58 AM   #15182
Tombe
Post-Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTransient
So I had a jam with the other guitarist and it went really well. Super nice dude, likes Cult Of Luna (which definitely comes across in his playing style) and Nick Cave and Mogwai etc. He said he is keen to do this project, so that's awesome!

That sounds rad. In my experience, people who like Nick Cave tend to be pretty rounded individuals.

My very long-term plan for amps is to have a Twin Reverb or something else really loud that can be used to level buildings with, and a really nice small combo for smaller gigs. I've read a lot of people saying the Mesa Recto-Verb 25 (or whatever it's called) is pretty much the best small amp on the market at the moment, and part of me's always really wanted a Mesa just because I like their vibe and styling but since I don't play nu-metal I've never really had the need for one... Warren Ellis from the Bad Seeds uses two Lone Star Specials in stereo for his electric violin/mandolin.

Oh, and that band I posted the blog about the other day? I'm reliably informed by Facebook that their singer has quit, which tends to be pretty terminal for a band. The phrase 'pride goes before a fall' springs to mind...

FUZZY FLATPICKER σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Tombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:03 AM   #15183
TheTransient
Brendan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezguitars44
I just have my bassman haha. It'd be cool to also have a smaller combo so I wouldn't have to always use the big rig, but eh.

Sell the 4x12, get a nice 2x12 and you have your small rig

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Sensor Array σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
TheTransient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 PM   #15184
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombe
Oh, and that band I posted the blog about the other day? I'm reliably informed by Facebook that their singer has quit, which tends to be pretty terminal for a band. The phrase 'pride goes before a fall' springs to mind...

From your description, even Gary Cherone would say "Not touchin' them with a 10' pole..."

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: