Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #2521
Fisheth24
UG's only Dean user

So you can plug one in with a cab into a computer to record with?

Fisheth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #2522
Ayses
I'm probably on LSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardlpalmer
I'm assuming you mean while it's ALSO plugged into a cab (if just the head version). You don't want to do that without a speaker attached...
Actually with the HT-5r, you can. The power amp is completely bypassed and the signal goes guitar>preamp>emulated output. No dummy load needed or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheth24
So you can plug one in with a cab into a computer to record with?

Yes, just keep the standby switch turned off if you want to do it without a cab.

With a cab, just do whatever.
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst

Last edited by Ayses : 11-04-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Ayses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #2523
richardlpalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayses
Actually with the HT-5r, you can. The power amp is completely bypassed and the signal goes guitar>preamp>emulated output. No dummy load needed or anything.

Yes, just keep the standby switch turned off if you want to do it without a cab.

With a cab, just do whatever.

Oh interesting. I didn't know the 5R could do that. If so, I stand corrected.

Having just gotten a Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister, I was surprised they stated in their promotional material no need for a cab -- their Red Box can be used directly. I didn't know any other amps were doing that, so thanks for the info!

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
richardlpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #2524
Basti95
actual size

Would it hold up to band practice with a drum machine?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #2525
iGuessILikeIt

Hi
I just bought a HT-5RH a week ago and I'm really happy with it, i run it with the harley benton 2x12 with celestion v30s.
I really want to use the emulated output that's on it, but I am really bad at that subject so I have no idea how to use it. I thought this would be a good place to get support from ;-).
So my question is simply what do I need to record from the emulated output (what cable, software on the computer etc.)?
iGuessILikeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #2526
Chargrill3d

Jack to jack cable to a USB/ Firewire interface input (which is obviously connected by USB/Firewire to the computer), then if your on a budget download Reaper (fully functional even if you don't buy it but buy if you use it! - a brilliantly powerful program for the cash), if you have money buy Cubase or Logic. Personally I think you get a better sound recording with an SM57 mic though compared with the emulated out.

I also have the HT5RH - I had mixed feelings initially but the more I've used it and played around with the settings and mic positioning the more I think it's a super amp.
Chargrill3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #2527
iGuessILikeIt

Ok!
Thanks for the anwser, i guess I'll be trying it out! I currently use a zoom h1 for recording so I'll se what the diffrence will be soundwise.
I'm glad you're happy with yours to
Old 06-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #2528
iGuessILikeIt

can some of you guys help me? The thing is that I accidentally turned on my ht5 head without any speaker cab connected, the cable had some how slipped out and was half out of the head output. I had it in standby in maybe 1 minute before i turned it on and after a few strummings (maybe 15 seconds) i released it and connected the speaker cable.
The amp seems to work fine, but do you guys think I may have damaged something?
Old 06-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #2529
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.

If it still works then you're pretty much fine.
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #2530
blooddrunk

Hey can anyone help please? the gain button on my ht5 isnt working properly. maybe it has some dust or something thats making it hard to press down. it also wont come up after being pressed hile down :/ could i use some contact cleaner on it? im worried about blowing it up :/
blooddrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #2531
Fisheth24
UG's only Dean user

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGuessILikeIt
can some of you guys help me? The thing is that I accidentally turned on my ht5 head without any speaker cab connected, the cable had some how slipped out and was half out of the head output. I had it in standby in maybe 1 minute before i turned it on and after a few strummings (maybe 15 seconds) i released it and connected the speaker cable.
The amp seems to work fine, but do you guys think I may have damaged something?

I think the HT-5 has got some safety features on it that stop it from blowing the OT, I seem to remember Profdrum mentioning it when I got it from him (don't have it anymore though)

Fisheth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #2532
mikeYekim
Curses & Cranberries!!

Hey everyone! Ive been looking into low wattage amps as I only play at home. I primarily play metal and Im looking for an Opeth style tone, like their Ghost Reveries album. It looks like the ht-5 can handle that well, esp. with an OD pedal. Right now I own a Boss BD-2, would that be a suitable OD?

And are there any negative aspects about this amp?
mikeYekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #2533
richardlpalmer

Sure. That'd do just fine.

Sure. I don't know if the negatives are worth going into though. Because typically any/all negatives are in comparison to other amps -- in a different price range/class.

The biggest negative I had with mine was not enough clean headroom. But it's a 5 watt amp, so this is to be expected...

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
richardlpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #2534
gabipe15

I Just got my new HT-5RH w/HT-112 cab, wonderful distortion, very versatile, really crunchy, nice very responding separate EQ. Not used reverb much, has anyone found a good use to it? Clean channel doesn't break up until past 12' and it's a light break up. I have a VOX AC4TV too and that one breaks up really fast.
Pedals work extremely well, best amp for metal on this price.
gabipe15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #2535
Airfish

Question

Hi.

Im about to buy the Blackstar HT-5R Head. I have a chance to decide between two different cabs: the HT-112 with a custom Blackstar 12-inch speaker or the HTV-112 with a 12-inch Celestion Seventy 80. I can have them both for the same price - and a very good price, so no point diverting me to other brands.

I plan to use the amp+cab mainly at home (80-90 %), occasionally I could take it to my friends garage for some jammin - without a drummer, or with a quiet drummer with just a small kit.

I have definitely decided NOT TO BUY THE COMBO VERSION (I have my reasons, no point persuading me....). I would only ask you for advice in terms of HT112 versus HTV112.

I have heard the Blackstar custom speaker (I really liked it), but I havent heard the HTV with the Celestion and there is no chance for me to try it out (small country, not many items in stock).

What can you tell me about the Seventy 80s sound? Could you possibly compare it with the Blackstar speaker? In terms of frequency response, tone, etc.... Btw: both cabs have semi-opened backs, the one with the Celestion is bigger (approx. 4 or 5 inches wider).

I play all different styles, from clean to hi gain, so I need an allrounder. Is it the Blackstar with the smaller box, or the Celestion with the bigger one?

Thanx in advance for your views.
Airfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #2536
tim_mop

Hi guys, thought this would be the best place to ask:

My HT5-H is currently doing some weird volume stuff. When I play through it it's initially fine, but slowly the volume level starts dropping off until it's inaudible. It then starts fluctuating. If I then put it on standby for a bit it'll be fine for a bit longer and then the same will happen again.

Naturally my fist assumption was dodgy valves, so I bought a new set and the problem is still there!

Anyone else experienced this? I've seen a couple of mentions on the internet, but no concrete answers.

Cheers!
tim_mop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #2537
rattledeth
Charvel/Peavey/Jackson

I don't know if this will help but I had the exact same problem. I run an EQ through the effects loop and one of the cables was faulty. I fought the problem for awhile but once I replaced those cables the problem went away and it hasn't done it since. I really thought something was bad wrong but it ended up being an easy fix. I hope your problem can be fixed as easily as mine.
rattledeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #2538
tim_mop

^ Interesting, I'll strip down to single cable and check!

EDIT Nope, this didn't help.

Last edited by tim_mop : 03-05-2014 at 01:36 PM.
tim_mop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #2539
rattledeth
Charvel/Peavey/Jackson

I guess it was worth a try. I hope you get it worked out though.
rattledeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: