Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Blow Me
UG Pimp Hand

Beltone antique acoustic guitar - any information?

My brother was recently working on a job site and stumbled across an old guitar in an abandoned basement. He was given permission to take it with him and he gave it to me to work on, but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking at here.

All the information I have been able to find ranges from Beltone being an imported brand of Teisco guitars from Japan (in the 1960's) -- to Beltone being a former product of the Regal Musical Instrument Company in Chicago from the 20's to the 30's. But that's about all I can find. I can't find any information on value or a picture to confirm what exactly this specific model could be.

I've included some pics of the neck and body (which are both very intact and surprisingly unwarped) and it looks kind of 1930's to me. The tuners are fully functioning, however the pickguard seems to cover part of the soundhole, which is...strange...but probably a botched repair?

Hey, look, I watch American Pickers and cringe at the sight of that skinny dude's face just like the rest of us, but I really don't know what I'm dealing with and I'm really excited to try to get some work done on it. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beltone 3.jpg (80.9 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg beltone 2.jpg (74.5 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg beltone 1.jpg (85.7 KB, 125 views)
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Blow Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:57 AM   #2
Blow Me
UG Pimp Hand

Is it okay if I bump this thread? I still know nothing about it almost 6 months later...
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Blow Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: