Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
brittauzenne

how to go about learning this piece

hello. so i want to move up on my elec guitar, but I'm wondering what the best way is to go from playing regular songs to more riffy stuff. i just dont know where to start. i know some jazz chords, but i wanna play stuff like the hendrix guitar solo from electric ladyland. whats a good starting point? do i just watch someone play and mimic or what?

thanks ahead of time
brittauzenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
JacobReedShred

Well there are many different techniques to go about learning this solo. What i recomend is listening to the solo normally then looking up the tab on here. You can find a program to help slow down the song to get phrasing. If there are any texhniques u dont know u should look up the lesson on UG. You should take it very slow at first. Then try to play along to the original recording.
JacobReedShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
brittauzenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobReedShred
Well there are many different techniques to go about learning this solo. What i recomend is listening to the solo normally then looking up the tab on here. You can find a program to help slow down the song to get phrasing. If there are any texhniques u dont know u should look up the lesson on UG. You should take it very slow at first. Then try to play along to the original recording.

Okay, cool, Ill go slow.
thank you.
brittauzenne is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: