Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Objekt

Progressive Metal/Hardcore

Check it out it's the longest song I've written today I payed a lot of attention to embellishments and transitions this time. I'm really proud of this piece.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 triflin.gp5 (50.0 KB, 113 views)
Objekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
guitar_jew

Pretty good, though some of the polyrhythmic stuff doesn't work at all- sounds more like GP is glitching than like intentioned experimentation.

Everything sounds alright, although some of the harmonies are very conventional for a piece touting itself as prog.

@the jazz guitars, why not just F10 them? No need to have a whole new track, brah.

I don't have anything new to crit atm, just dropping this here because I enjoyed the piece.
guitar_jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

The polyrhythms work at the end of a section or riff while leading into another, but as the main riff... not really that good.

Interesting riff overall style though, but the melodies are conversely quite dull. Very rigidly stuck in the same key/scale with only the slightest changes here and there. That chorus-y bit (13-16) would sound great with a non diatonic chord in there...

Basically I raped your chorus and it liked it.
Attached Files
File Type: gp4 triflinepified.gp4 (32.1 KB, 34 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
Objekt

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_jew
Pretty good, though some of the polyrhythmic stuff doesn't work at all- sounds more like GP is glitching than like intentioned experimentation.

Everything sounds alright, although some of the harmonies are very conventional for a piece touting itself as prog.

@the jazz guitars, why not just F10 them? No need to have a whole new track, brah.

I don't have anything new to crit atm, just dropping this here because I enjoyed the piece.

Thanks man! I appreciate the feedback. What polyrhythmic stuff are you talking about the fivelets during the intro? Also I never thought of that for the cleans, thanks Also, about the harmonies wow I guess I've been so used to using thirds that I didn't even bother to use any other intervals for harmonies I'm gonna mess around with them and see what happens.

Thanks again!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
Objekt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
The polyrhythms work at the end of a section or riff while leading into another, but as the main riff... not really that good.

Interesting riff overall style though, but the melodies are conversely quite dull. Very rigidly stuck in the same key/scale with only the slightest changes here and there. That chorus-y bit (13-16) would sound great with a non diatonic chord in there...

Basically I raped your chorus and it liked it.

Holy **** dude the second chord you changed.. sounds amazing you seriously just made a light bulb click in my head. The rest of the chorus altered sounds like ass though IMO haha. Dude that's gonna help me a lot in my future writing. Imagine.. melodic hardcore with non diatonic melody.... **** I just came hahaha. Thanks for the crit brah I'll take the rest of what you said into consideration. I have this other piece that uses non-diatonic harmony but I never knew where to take it after the main riff I'm gonna write the shit out of it now though haha.

Thanks!

Rate This Thread: