Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
xAnthony.Allwis

How to tune my bass guitar to Drop C with this particular tuner?

Hey guys, I bought a Korg GA-1 tuner off ebay not too long ago, and I'm wildly confused. (I'm new to playing bass). Anyway, below I have attached an image of the tuner. As you can see, it has a little lcd display, it has three led lights at the top, and it has a few buttons on the bottom. Now, according to eHow, to tune a guitar to Drop C with this particular tuner, you have to press 4 flats and then turn your peg clockwise to until 6C appears on the display, and the needle is on 440. Now what confuses me, is that if I turn the peg clockwise, it loosens the string, but it 6C doesn't appear on the screen. As a matter of fact, nothing does. The needle disappears. But if I turn the peg anti-clockwise, tightening the string, the display lights up and does all the usual stuff, but when it is smack bam in the middle on 440, it says 3A. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help guys.
xAnthony.Allwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
adrian.barbu.14

Connect the bass in the tuner and than detune the guitar. It should appear what you need. I suggest you to download AP tuner from internet. It is free. You need just a microphone. I play for about 3 years and it was greate. I need to mention i play guitar but i know good enought bass to say this. I hope it helped a bite. But wath for other post here or on another site. Maybe they wold explain better.
adrian.barbu.14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
fudger
Im a ninja of love..

From my experience with a lot of tuners most of them can't pick up low bass frequencies. You may just have to fret the octave notes on the 12th fret and tune the strings that way or use harmonics to tune.
Bandcamp

I'd rather be Phishing...
fudger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
maXterbat0r

The 6 in 6C probably means the lowest/6th string of a guitar. so if that shows up, it's in guitar mode.

Hit the G/B button to go from guitar mode to bass mode.
maXterbat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
dark Mass
邪魔よ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by maXterbat0r
The 6 in 6C probably means the lowest/6th string of a guitar. so if that shows up, it's in guitar mode.

Hit the G/B button to go from guitar mode to bass mode.

It's actually the high c on a 6 string bass on the Korg GA-1.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
Spaz91
Turd polisher

Tune to drop D, tune to D standard, tune to drop C. Works better than a tune as you don't need something to handle low end and the gradual tension change doesn't detune the strings again.
Spaz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #7
Spaz91
Turd polisher

Reported
Spaz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
xAnthony.Allwis

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian.barbu.14
Connect the bass in the tuner and than detune the guitar. It should appear what you need. I suggest you to download AP tuner from internet. It is free. You need just a microphone. I play for about 3 years and it was greate. I need to mention i play guitar but i know good enought bass to say this. I hope it helped a bite. But wath for other post here or on another site. Maybe they wold explain better.

Thanks so much for the response man! I download that tuner and it works amazingly! Thank you very much. You've made one very confused bassist very happy. n.n <3
xAnthony.Allwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #9
CarlFromCanada

I have this same tuner, push the G/B button, then the flat button 4 times. Tune until it says 1E. For the other strings, it should be 2 flats and will be 2A, 3D, and 4G.
CarlFromCanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: