Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #23681
the_white_bunny
legalize it.

woodly is a ****ing pussy.

he talks such a big game but when hes offered the lombard fight it turns it down for what he perceives to be an easier fight in gastelum.

gastelum will sub him in round 1.
the_white_bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM   #23682
the_white_bunny
legalize it.

and also this.

Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM   #23683
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_white_bunny
woodly is a ****ing pussy.

he talks such a big game but when hes offered the lombard fight it turns it down for what he perceives to be an easier fight in gastelum.

gastelum will sub him in round 1.

I certainly hope so, Gastelum is on a tear lately - I want to see big things from the kid!
metacarpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM   #23684
bdof

I like both guys tbh, but my heart's with Kelvin. I wish I could quote exactly when I said it, but he's a Mini-Cain Velasquez at 170. Woodley's a beast though when he takes the chains off himself and doesn't get overly cautious.

In his defense Bunny, I don't think anyone at 170 wants to volunteer to fight Lombard. They'll fight him if they're told they have to, but I'm guessing no hands shoot up in a locker room full of WW's when Dana or Joe Silva asks "Alright, who wants to fight Hector?"

Also, just because he beat up Condit doesn't mean you have to hate him for life

EDIT: Found my quote on Kelvin last year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdof
Completely agree. Once he starts tightening up his punches, he's gonna be the Cain Velasquez of the WW division.
Great wrestling. Solid accuracy with tons of power in his striking. An animal with his subs. Keeps a solid pace and constant pressure.
And the guy just dropped from MW to WW, and already being pretty good there AND being only 21......I think the sky's the limit for this kid.

Also...

Disappointed in Cowboy. He has so much potential to be so good.

Hooray Condit! Glad he didn't get that dreaded 3 straight loss. Looked very sluggish in the first 1.5 rounds but Really turned it up big time. Still would love to see him fight Rory again sooner rather than later. That would be such a good fight

Last edited by bdof : Yesterday at 02:12 PM.
bdof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #23685
the_white_bunny
legalize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdof
I like both guys tbh, but my heart's with Kelvin. I wish I could quote exactly when I said it, but he's a Mini-Cain Velasquez at 170. Woodley's a beast though when he takes the chains off himself and doesn't get overly cautious.

In his defense Bunny, I don't think anyone at 170 wants to volunteer to fight Lombard. They'll fight him if they're told they have to, but I'm guessing no hands shoot up in a locker room full of WW's when Dana or Joe Silva asks "Alright, who wants to fight Hector?"

Also, just because he beat up Condit doesn't mean you have to hate him for life

his false sense of entitlement bugged me long before he acted like he beat condit.
he wants that belt and talks so much shit but he doesnt want to fight a top 10 guy to get there? give me a ****ing break. i agree no one is knocking down doors to fight lombard but they arent blatantly dodging him either.

at least a guy like mcgregor talks his shit but is willing to fight anyone at any time.
same could be said about chael.
Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM   #23686
bdof

Condit was top 4 guy when he fought AND beat him, though he was tailor made to beat Condit (Elite wrestling vs worst TDD defense at WW). Rory is now the #1 contender pretty much after Lawler.

I think as much as it seemed like a cool fight because they're both big names at WW, Woodley vs Lombard would've been horrendously boring. It'd be a standup fight only and they'd throw maybe a total of 30-40 strikes a piece in a boring decision, half of them prob little baby leg kicks to feel each other out.

Last edited by bdof : Yesterday at 01:42 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM   #23687
the_white_bunny
legalize it.

he wanted none of it. its a known fact.
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM   #23688
bdof

And so sayeth the White Bunny. Praise his name, amen
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM   #23689
the_white_bunny
legalize it.

omg dude why dont you try reading about MMA, instead of trolling the internet. the general consensus is woodly dodged lombard.
HE TURNED DOWN THE FIGHT.
its a fact, not a matter of opinion that woodly chose to fight someone who up until a week ago was unranked in lieu of fighting the top 10 ranked lombard.

a simple google search of "woodly ducking lombard" pulls up pages upon pages on this very topic. you dont even need to type in his full name because google knows theres only one trick named woodly ducking lombard.

“What’s weird about that is that Woodley calls out Matt Brown, but he’s ranked higher than Matt Brown,” White said. “But we want to do Tyron Woodley vs. Hector Lombard – that’s the fight we want to do. Hector said yes, we’re just waiting to hear from Woodley. Lombard said he would fight him, no problem.”

Last edited by the_white_bunny : Yesterday at 02:50 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM   #23690
bdof

Hector also hasn't fought anyone since Jake Shields in March. His name isn't as appealing as a Matt Brown, who just came off a hell of a fight in late July against the guy challenging the champ.

Is Gastelum an easier fight than Lombard? I'm so not sure anymore. Lombard is the tougher fight in the first 5 min, where I think Gastelum is a tougher 3-5 round fight now. Styles make fights, and as a fan, I like this fight more. As far as name vs name goes, of course Lombard vs Woodley sounds sexier.

In the end, it all works out. We get Woodley in a more action-oriented fight, Gastelum gets his shot at a top tier WW, and Lombard gets fed a UFC newcomer that's coming from WSOF as a nice tasty treat.
Old Today, 07:44 PM   #23692
Momentosis
Defiler

Burkman's not a newcomer tho.

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylerjames13
you suck their dicks and make them feel good so that they don't rage

>﹏<
Watch me play games.
(۳ ˚Д˚)۳