Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
sand0man

Struggling to get the right sounds on guitar

I've been playing for awhile, and I've gotten a little better than a beginner. But I still struggle to get the awesomness in my head to the guitar. I've tried to learn music theory via this top > [forbidden link]
but I don't understand all that music talk. Please help me to understand the fretboard inside out
(also please don't recommend teachers because its not in my budget)
sand0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
robertito696
Cybernetic Comp. Organism

http://www.musictheory.net/lessons This is a great place to start.
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
robertito696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
Cold Reader
UG's IOW Engineer.

If you have an idea now, it's probably best to find a program that you can input notes into. I've not used it but Reaper should have instrument plugins. If you then input the melody in your head and learn it on guitar, job done. I used to find that easier to figure out things as you can simply drag notes up and down until you find the right note. If anything, it gives you a fresh perspective with all the notes laid out in front of you, rather than looking at a fretboard.

I'm still learning the fretboard because I learnt scale shapes and not the notes. It is really a matter of taking it a little at a time and not just going up and down one string. A good idea is to write out a 4X4 square (or however big you want) of letters from A to G, put some sharps or flats next to some of them and play one on each string e.g. A on the E string, B on the A string, C on the D string etc.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:18 AM   #4
baobian0
Banned

La Nike Air Python inspirée par une combinaison de la Air Jordan 2, Air Force 22 chaussures, en 1987, asics gel noosa tri 6 homme cette chaussure a été une rare édition limitée disponible à la vente, qui se transforme en espadrilles pour la première fois depuis le stade « tendance », chaussures en cuir blanc pour fabriquer des chaussures en gros, avec une grande serpentine coratif, sans logo Swoosh. asics gel noosa tri 7 femme Version de retour, complexe composée du serpent Python Nike Air conservé son classique jeu de motifs et textures et son cuir de haute qualité pour fabriquer des chaussures.
baobian0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertito696
http://www.musictheory.net/lessons This is a great place to start.

fixed link
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #6
sand0man

Thanks
sand0man is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: