Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #22721
Blayney
est'd 1989

I just realised the kerb weight on the mustang. That thing is basically 1700kg!

Encore Strat, Ibanez GRX70 Jewel Blue, Ibanez RGT42DRFM (Dimarzio Breed bridge/Air Norton neck)
Hudson HD1, Lorenzo 'Bluebird' 12 String, Lg Tramontane T66ACE
Vox AD50VT, Vox AC30 (1963)
Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Blayney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:46 AM   #22722
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayney

Yeah, it's basically a minivan's weight.

Luckily, they don't feel as heavy as their kerb weight figures suggest !
Old 05-22-2015, 11:12 AM   #22723
Blayney
est'd 1989

I've begun my second car fund. Been promoted so I've split the extra money into a few different accounts, plus it's being back dated so there's a lump sum to go into the car.

I'm still months away from any meaningful money though ! haha

Encore Strat, Ibanez GRX70 Jewel Blue, Ibanez RGT42DRFM (Dimarzio Breed bridge/Air Norton neck)
Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Old 05-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #22724
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

^^ nice. MX-5 autocrosser!?
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #22725
Blayney
est'd 1989

Sw20 Na

Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Old 05-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #22726
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Goin for it huh. Plans to beef it up?
Bitches be Crazy.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:21 PM   #22727
Blayney
est'd 1989

Nope, why bother? It's not a turbo so high power is not easily within reach and I'm not interested in it. I just fancy a car I've always liked and to try a jap car and mid engined rear wheel drive. And pop up headlights!

Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Old 05-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #22728
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
Quote:
Sw20 Na

Why no turbo ? Any particular reasons, apart from cost ?
Old 05-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #22729
Blayney
est'd 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Lord
Why no turbo ? Any particular reasons, apart from cost ?

Cost, first MR car, don't want one.

A lot of the cheap turbo cars are abused, the NA cars tend to be owned by actual enthusiasts not people looking for cheap thrills.

Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Old 05-24-2015, 02:27 PM   #22730
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Quote:
Cost, first MR car, don't want one.

A lot of the cheap turbo cars are abused, the NA cars tend to be owned by actual enthusiasts not people looking for cheap thrills.

...there's a difference?
Bitches be Crazy.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:19 PM   #22731
Blayney
est'd 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
...there's a difference?

Well yes. I'm looking for one that has been treated well. Properly maintained and serviced and driven with a certain degree of mechanical sympathy.

I see a lot of turbo's with nasty aftermarket add ons and poorly written adverts that set the alarm bells ringing that the car is on it's last legs.

Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Old 05-24-2015, 11:09 PM   #22732
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Quote:
Well yes. I'm looking for one that has been treated well. Properly maintained and serviced and driven with a certain degree of mechanical sympathy.

I see a lot of turbo's with nasty aftermarket add ons and poorly written adverts that set the alarm bells ringing that the car is on it's last legs.

I can perfectly picture the kind of add you're speaking of. There's one for sale in my area, cheap spray painted green valve cover, ''3sgte'' poorly painted with leftover paint, aftermarket gauges stuck in the dash through poorly drilled holes.

The mongoloid is asking 8k$ for it ...

On other news, I'm selling my current Impreza. I'm going to check out the 2 door EG33 Impreza I posted earlier, ideally this week. Hope the car is as clean and well maintained as it seems on the pictures !

Last edited by Good_Lord : 05-24-2015 at 11:10 PM.
Good_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:37 AM   #22733
Lt. Shinysides
Perma'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBailey23
but it was a Chally so regardless he "had" to go fast.

Challengers can go fast?

Quote:

I promise it doesn't feel that heavy. it certainly doesn't feel light, but it feels a lot more nimble than the numbers would have you believe. its certainly a lightweight compared to the camaro and challenger.

also: I've just taken a new job, and I'm currently looking into my winter vehicle options. most of you will not like a single thing i'm looking at (yes they are mostly pickup trucks and SUVs because #4x4masterrace) but there is one attainable option that may interest some of you...

hell yeeeeeeah, muh fugga, its the Audi A4 Allroad. There's a CPO one nearby that I'm taking for a test drive tomorrow morning (I won't be buying it, its optioned to the teeth, an ugly colour and out of my price range, but not by too much, so I figure that by the time I'm ready to buy I should be able to find a few that have less options). I've never driven an allroad before, and I love the fact that its basically the perfect combination of crossover and wagon for all year utility. I badly need a new vehicle before winter, as my truck simply isn't gonna make it another winter, and there's no way in hell I'm putting the mustang through snow, and the new job has opened up a few more options for a winter car.

from all the reviews i've read, its an exceptional compromise between utility and drivers car. I know I traded in my A5 for the mustang because it felt so down on horsepower, and the A4 is using a virtually identical engine, but I doubt I'll have that itch for horsepower while driving in the winter, especially when I've got all the horsepower I need from the stang.

Last edited by Lt. Shinysides : 05-25-2015 at 02:50 AM.
Lt. Shinysides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:16 PM   #22734
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

nice, i like the Allroad, it never got enough love. What's the new job?
Bitches be Crazy.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:54 PM   #22735
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Allroad
Old 05-25-2015, 01:53 PM   #22736
Lt. Shinysides
Perma'd

Quote:
nice, i like the Allroad, it never got enough love. What's the new job?

I'm starting as a junior SAP consultant for Deloitte. its in Vaughan, so its a bit of a drive, but it pays literally 80% more than the garbage I'm doing right now. Its also outside my legal field, so I'm kinda worried I'm not gonna know what the hell I'm doing, but I'll make it work

Also, did the test drive this morning, and its absolutely fantastic. feels pretty much EXACTLY like an A4 Avant, except the trim is a little bit higher (might just be the fact that it was heavily optioned), and the ride height is really cool and the best kind of weird. Definitely gonna consider it over a Ram if I can get the right price on one
Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM   #22737
BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪

That Audi is a nice vehicle but I'm just going to buy a 4x4 F150 with a 5.0 and be done with it. It will go thru any weather and I always seem to be hauling something around when I least expect it.
BobDetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM   #22738
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Shinysides
I'm starting as a junior SAP consultant for Deloitte. its in Vaughan, so its a bit of a drive, but it pays literally 80% more than the garbage I'm doing right now. Its also outside my legal field, so I'm kinda worried I'm not gonna know what the hell I'm doing, but I'll make it work

Also, did the test drive this morning, and its absolutely fantastic. feels pretty much EXACTLY like an A4 Avant, except the trim is a little bit higher (might just be the fact that it was heavily optioned), and the ride height is really cool and the best kind of weird. Definitely gonna consider it over a Ram if I can get the right price on one

haha i know exactly where that is, i pass it often on my way to the gf's place. congrats, sounds like a good gig

just promise you won't ever clown the thing, i've seen people at car shows with an Allroad on bags slammed to the ground and i just wanna throttle them...like why? What was the point?
Bitches be Crazy.
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #22739
Lt. Shinysides
Perma'd

Quote:
just promise you won't ever clown the thing, i've seen people at car shows with an Allroad on bags slammed to the ground and i just wanna throttle them...like why? What was the point?

never in my life will I own a "stanced" "bagged" "slammed" etc vehicle, of any kind. that's a guarantee and a promise.

I'm not even entirely sure that the allroad is the one I want quite yet. I loved it, thought it was great, but its real hard to beat a pickup for Canadian winters like bobdetroit said. a Ram/F150/Silverado will get through damn near everything and will end up costing a lot less than an audi when repair time comes around.

Plus, I know from experience that it really doesn't matter how deep the snow is outside, a truck will get you there. Back when I used to work part time at that shitty little bakery, I'd get up at 5:30 in the morning, see that the snow had grown to be knee height overnight, hop in my old beat up silverado at 6:00am and make my way to work without incident, then get there and discover that I was the only person who showed up for work, and the people making 5 times what I make decided to stay home because they "couldn't get out of their driveways".

Last edited by Lt. Shinysides : Yesterday at 02:34 PM.
Lt. Shinysides is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: