Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 AM   #41
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDoomRiff666
Sorry baconstips. I didnt see it. Thanks I went on the website. And R45VT, you gotta email the dude. Its a one guy company. His email is dunwichamps@gmail.com I think he charges like 1500. I could probably save up for it huh? Btw would a Randall T2 be any good?

Buddy- did you see the links I posted to your local CraigsList? Check some of those out. TH30 in your budget, KK-JCM800 and more.

Full on doom in those links.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:47 AM   #42
JoeyDoomRiff666

Yeah, thanks. Im gonna probably go for the TH30 Thanks again
JoeyDoomRiff666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:48 AM   #43
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Keep us posted. We expect a NAD (New Amp DAy) soon.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #44
JoeyDoomRiff666

Probably by wednesday Thanks again for al the help.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #45
fender

i would see if the guy can drop the price if you don't take the shitty marshall mg cab. I'm pretty sure those are smaller than normal cabs and since you already have a oversized recto one no need for the mg one.
fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #46
bluestratplayer
I wouldn't listen to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fender
i would see if the guy can drop the price if you don't take the shitty marshall mg cab. I'm pretty sure those are smaller than normal cabs and since you already have a oversized recto one no need for the mg one.

Agreed. Mg cabs remind me of the paper jamz shit walmart sells.
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, and deeelay
Vox Time Machine
Crybaby 535Q

Cmatmods.com
bluestratplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #47
JoeyDoomRiff666

Actually, my rhythm guitarist has a TH30 he dosent use. I gave him my flat screen but it was worth it lol
Old 12-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #48
AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDoomRiff666
I was wondering if there were any good amps for Sludge metal or Doom Metal for a guitarist on a budget. I can save up too so price range dosent matter much. I was thinking Peavey Valveking or Blackstar Series One. Thanks!

Guitars: Epiphone G-400 w/ Lace Drop and Gains(Bridge) & Blue-Gold Dually(Neck)
Amplifiers: Bugera 6262 head w/ Mesa Oversized Recto 4x12 Cab
Effects: Ibanez TS808, Dunlop JC95, Electro-Harmonix Micro POG, MXR KFK-1
Tuned To Drop B and Drop A.
Neither of these will work, really. Matt Pike from High on Fire and Sleep uses, I believe, the 200 watt version of the Series One, but he runs a fuzz pedal out front pretty much most of the time which alters the sound dramatically.

As far as a budget Doom amp goes, it's pretty damn easy to find one if you're in the States. Basically anything with a 100+ watt power section and high headroom will do the job. Most Doom guys run pedals out front to colour their tone and add fuzz, something an amp just can't do.

My suggestions would be as follows, though I've added companies that the majority of budget buyers would unfortunately have to exclude. I hope it puts things into perspective for you:

Ampeg V2/V4 - Awesome sounding, full, thick, chewy and available for around $500 second-hand.

Anything by Sunn. That includes the Model T, Concert, Coliseum, Solarus, 1200s, Enforcer, 200s, etc. The Model T is overpriced, but the others on the list can sometimes be found around $600.

Peavey Butcher - JCM800 clone. Loud, ballsy, and decent build quality. Ideal if you like a modern sound.

Red Bear 120 - Hard to find but very affordable and very well respected. They're basically a JCM800 on steroids.

Marshall JCM800, JMP100, Super Bass, Super Lead, JTM45, etc., etc. Anything vintage Marshall with a big power section will suffice. The Super Bass and JCM800 are very popular. Neurosis use a modified 800. Marshall usually are a little bit too pricey these days, especially in America.

Acoustic Control - Many of these vintage solid state amps work effortlessly as pedal platforms. They are bold and clean sounding. Don't expect power amp distortion, though. They're loud and clear. These are very affordable on Craigslist and other websites.

Laney VH100R, GH100L, GH100TI, SuperGroup, Klipp - Many of the vintage Laney amps, and some of the current production models, feature high levels of saturation and a very fuzzy and aggressive character. These can be found for budget prices.

Matamp GT-1, GT120 - These are the quintessential Doom amps for many. The tone is hollow, broad, deep, and foggy. They are not high gain amps like the JCM800 or Laney GH100L, but they possess massive volume and tone. They aren't a budget amp, though.

Hiwatt Custom 100 - Speaks for itself. This is just a clean machine with no room for fucking up. Everything you play is amplified clearly and without restraint. Expensive.

Orange OR120 - Same type of sound as the Matamp. Not for budget buyers.
AngryGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: