Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #121
iamok

Got my black with gold hardware Viking Deluxe about a month ago and I am a very happy camper. I don't know if it is psychologically or physically possible to fall in love with a guitar but if not I may be breaking new ground here. I have tried many excellent axes over 40 years and this is hands down the most enjoyable. It is not perfect but it feels great plays great looks great. I want to play with it all day. Maybe I am in love. Very versatile sound, great action, fantastic sustain. I played a HJ600 which was a beautiful play, just before this one, and the VD was just as good if not better.
iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #122
GuitarL91

Anyone experience with the Super Swede P90s? I'm gonna test one tomorrow, I can't wait tbh!!
GuitarL91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #123
keendawg

Not sure i saw anyone comment on the deuce-f. Bought one at the beginning of this year, tobacco sunburst, 2 custom 58 humbuckers with individual coil splits. Clean this guitar sounds very good, but throw some overdrive, and it really starts shining. You get a snarly almost nasally tone, very versatile with the individual coil splits, especially in the middle position. One thing about hagstroms is the tone knobs, with both my hags (f-200p being my other) the tone knob really doesnt do much until the final third or quarter turn. New pots should fix this problem. I wasnt impressed with the f-200p's sound, could be mistreatment from the previous owner, so i stripped it down and i am in the process of replacing all wiring, pots, pickups etc. Ill post when im finished with pictures and impression.
keendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #124
arkansasflash

I got a viking deluxe and a super swede, GREAT guitars
arkansasflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:01 AM   #125
hagstrompomeg

Hello all, God dag!

I'm hoping to find some information regarding a 1963 Hagstrom Futurama Coronado Automatic (serial number: 568079) that I have come into possession of. Or rather the remains of this guitar.

The Guitar has been woefully mistreated over the years. The paint has been very badly sanded off, it is missing 2 of the pickups and all of the switches. It still has the original vibrato/tailpiece, the truss-rod cover and machine heads.

Originally I was hoping to refurbish this guitar to its original condition. However it seems that it will be incredibly difficult to find all the necessary parts to do this. So I am thinking it might be useful to others to sell the parts to be used for replacement in other Hagstrom guitars.

I am therefore looking for help finding people who would be interested in these parts or who can help me source replacement parts to refurbish this guitar.

Any help or advice that you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!
hagstrompomeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #126
Ippon
Amped

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagstrompomeg
Hello all, God dag!

I'm hoping to find some information regarding a 1963 Hagstrom Futurama Coronado Automatic (serial number: 568079) that I have come into possession of. Or rather the remains of this guitar.

The Guitar has been woefully mistreated over the years. The paint has been very badly sanded off, it is missing 2 of the pickups and all of the switches. It still has the original vibrato/tailpiece, the truss-rod cover and machine heads.

Originally I was hoping to refurbish this guitar to its original condition. However it seems that it will be incredibly difficult to find all the necessary parts to do this. So I am thinking it might be useful to others to sell the parts to be used for replacement in other Hagstrom guitars.

I am therefore looking for help finding people who would be interested in these parts or who can help me source replacement parts to refurbish this guitar.

Any help or advice that you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

Check here and here.

Field Marshall 7 strings/ERG e-peen
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:12 PM   #127
hagstrompomeg

Thanks Ippon!
hagstrompomeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:57 AM   #128
samuraigoomba

Mmm yeah, forgot about Hagstrom. One of these days, I really need to grab a nice semi-hollow. How are the Vikings? Sometimes I see them selling really cheap online.
samuraigoomba is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: