User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
david-b
I am THAT guy

Question Looking for new mixer

Hey all;
I've been using a Behringer 1222fx mixer for home recording and practice/jamming. It's been a great machine and have done its job for the past 3 years. Now, channel 2 is not getting an signal through XLR/1/4" and channel 3 is not sending the insert properly. I know most of you don't like Behringers equipment but this one really did a great job with everything I threw at it and fit my needs perfectly.

However, I don't think I'm going to go with a Behringer again for the mixer (unless it's proven that they have better quality on the mixers). I'm working on buying a new place so don't want to spend a ton because I'm going to upgrade to something bigger/better at some point.

So the question, any recommendations for 10-16 channel mixers that are lesser expensive? Ideally, would love every channel to have inserts so I can send each one to my interface, but have not seen one like that. Don't care if USB, not going to use it.

Thanks!

EDIT: Have anyone had any luck with the PylePro mixers?

Last edited by david-b : 05-28-2013 at 02:28 PM.
david-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #2
spikecarolina

The Alesis line is good, and works well for me, 8 or 16 channel with usb 2,0 and it will multi track well.
spikecarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
jof1029
GO HOKIES!

how cheap are you talking? the peavey PV series mixers are fairly cheap and pretty solid. it looks like the PV14 is around $300, and has inserts on all the mono channels. I have one of the smaller ones and it has never let me down (though I rarely use it now).

I have donated 3920 grains of rice!
jof1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
axemanchris
Awwww.... NOW what?!

Personally.... I wouldn't go less expensive than Behringer. Their stuff is the best you will get at those price points.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
axemanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #5
ethan_hanus
The BKP Guy

Just have it cleaned, most soundboards need to be serviced every year or so due to dust build up and such. Prolly just has to much dust built up in it or needs the contacts cleaned.
ethan_hanus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: