Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #10141
archangels
HAIL SK8N

Oh man, another round of ESO beta testing? Thanks for the heads up, I might not have checked my email today. Edit: I get to keep my characters from the last beta test! Awesome!

I played some Daggerfall the other day (I bought the Anthology, so now I have all five games) and damn is it tough. I played for like half an hour, died before saving, made a new character, played for probably an hour, and I'm still in the very first dungeon. Still oddly pretty fun though. It's interesting to see how even the change from Daggerfall to Morrowind streamlined so much and cut out a lot of skills, much like Morrowind->Oblivion and Oblivion->Skyrim.

I just wish there was some way to make the DOSBox screen bigger without making it fullscreen. The normal window is so small it feels like I have to squint to see things, but the resolution on fullscreen is so awful it hurts my eyes.

Edit: There's a sidenote on the invite that mentions extra invites on curse.com. I can't access that site right now because I'm at work and the web filter is blocking it, but the email seems to imply that you can go there and get a beta access key even if you didn't sign up previously or get an email invite. Can anyone confirm that?
Edit2: Bleh. Nevermind. I checked it from home and you have to have an account at that site. Too much trouble.

Last edited by archangels : 02-06-2014 at 08:55 PM.
archangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #10142
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
If you're thinking about it, do it now. That shit will take almost a whole day to DL. I got screwed out of my first invite that way. Should've known better...

Well, I probably won't do it. Simply because I'm not sure I want to get sucked into another MMO. They just take up so much time. I'd rather focus on RPGs, because I don't have to be there for a guild or friends to do dungeons/raids.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #10143
iwannabesedated
King Sombrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
If you're thinking about it, do it now. That shit will take almost a whole day to DL. I got screwed out of my first invite that way. Should've known better...

It took me about 8 hours yesterday.
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:52 PM   #10144
steve_muse
UG Resident

my intermittent skyrim playing is coming back on I think.

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
steve_muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:37 PM   #10145
archangels
HAIL SK8N

Well, to the surprise of almost no one, Elder Scrolls Online will soon be pay to buy instead of pay to play.

Technically it was both before, but I'm actually considering playing it if I don't have to pay every month to do so.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:17 PM   #10146
naedauuf

Started a new game of Morrowind a few days ago. Decided to finally make a magic character in a ES game. Never done it before, usually stealth or melee. Was never really a big fan of magic in any RPG really. Super op. Magic is crazy good, alchemy in particular. My fights basically boil down to calm humanoid/creature, then just poison them until they die while they just stand there

Naedauuf for president people.

naedauuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:26 AM   #10147
jakesmellspoo
UG Monkey

i need to play either Oblivion or Skyrim sometime soon so i can get sadistic and paralyze people, then slowly stab them to death.

also so i can replicate this one video i saw years back of this guy using paralysis on NPCs standing at the top of a staircase so they ragdoll down the steps.
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel
personally, i like butt
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:29 AM   #10148
Knarrenheino
SoCalled guitarist

Frenzy spells are good fun in Skyrim. Making a rabbit attack a troll, or a cow attack a village
Knarrenheino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #10149
archangels
HAIL SK8N

I was thinking about starting a new game of Oblivion last night...

And then I ended up looking up mods and installing them for like three hours and never even started a character. Whoops.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:39 PM   #10150
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangels
I was thinking about starting a new game of Oblivion last night...

And then I ended up looking up mods and installing them for like three hours and never even started a character. Whoops.

Isn't that so awesome though?!
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #10151
archangels
HAIL SK8N

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Isn't that so awesome though?!

It is. I can't believe how much I enjoy modding since I spent most of the time just researching them.

But with Skyrim, I played it before I modded. With Oblivion I haven't even started a character since I installed. I'm half expecting to go too far with it and it just crashes when I finally try to start a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knarrenheino
Frenzy spells are good fun in Skyrim. Making a rabbit attack a troll, or a cow attack a village

Hm. I always thought Illusion in Skyrim sucked ass, but I guess I need to play with it some more.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:37 PM   #10152
Knarrenheino
SoCalled guitarist

Illusion is pretty shit imo, only useful in the very beginning and when maxed out. But you don't need a high level for playing pranks with innocent animals or citizens
Knarrenheino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #10153
BelowTheSun

Illusion is awesome in Skyrim Redone.
BelowTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:23 PM   #10154
archangels
HAIL SK8N

I've been tempted by SkyRe for a while, but I have so many mods that I'm hesitant to install it.

Plus it's recommended that you install Frostfall along with it, and from what I've heard about Frostfall, it's interesting at first but gets really tedious really fast.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:38 PM   #10155
BelowTheSun

I've never played SkyRe with Frostfall. It's optional.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:55 PM   #10156
archangels
HAIL SK8N

Okay good. That makes me a bit more interested in it, honestly. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:00 PM   #10157
Jyrgen
Used Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by naedauuf
Started a new game of Morrowind a few days ago. Decided to finally make a magic character in a ES game. Never done it before, usually stealth or melee. Was never really a big fan of magic in any RPG really. Super op. Magic is crazy good, alchemy in particular. My fights basically boil down to calm humanoid/creature, then just poison them until they die while they just stand there

It's kinda balanced by the lack of regeneration though. But yeah it's epic to murder gods and jump over cities with one little hop.

I'm having an intense modded Morrowind thing going on right now. I'm playing a Redguard called J'Dargo, who was raised as a Khajiit in a Khajiit family, and thus has all the cliche Khajiit skills like Unarmed, Sneak, Acrobatics. Fun as hell.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:58 PM   #10158
BelowTheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangels
Okay good. That makes me a bit more interested in it, honestly. Thanks.

It's a really great mod if you've played vanilla Skyrim for a long time. Adds a lot of cool stuff.

I'm currently re-installing Morrowind with a fair few mods. Going to finish the bastard this time, I swear.

Rate This Thread: